ZGEMMA H9S DVB-S2X Multistream 4K UHD Enigma2 4core ARM

There are 204 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 44,474 times. The last Post () by Alxalx.

• It took me 2 minutes: https://www.lyngsat.com/AsiaSat-7.html

3960 H - PV

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• Oh, dear, so my worst fears were right...:eye roll:

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• **First Thanks For gorski**

This is Manual for How to Openatv 6.2 Run to MMC(MicroSD)

** Now I don't Have USB 3.0 Memory and Buy today I will Get it - USB Memory Version Manual Posting Again****

We Have Very Small Flash Size for any Enigma2 Plugin !!!!!

1. We Need Already Ext4 Format and Partition Active Microsd Card(Fast Speed is Great)

" I have Fast 32G"

. gorski - Recommend Free Windows Patition Manager APP "Minitool Partition Wizard"

2. Insert Microsd Card To H9S Back MMC Slot

3. Download script.zip and Extract - Use FTP Client App

script Dir copy to /usr/ ** Permission 755 **

4. Openatv - info Panel - Plugins - JobManager -

Select H9_boot_mSD.sh and RUN

5. Are you ready to run the script - yes

and Wait for All Working End

6. last You Got a "Exucution Finished "

Please Restart H9S

7. After Reboot

go to Menu - Information - Memory

" I have Flash Info Like

Total : 29.2G

Free : 27.4G

Oh You Have Some ??????

Thanks again for gorski

• Good job, that is how you do it, baby! Share the files and info properly!!! :thumbup:

Delfi wrote them, I just helped find a solution a bit (not a coder, me)...

OLE! :cool1:

• Yes. Plugins are not really well supported at the moment, to my mind - but that is nothing to do with E2 but Kodi itself, I think...

Issues with sound/audio, though - from "Democracy Now" to "Earth touch" and onwards, in terms of plugins...

Playback from HDD also affected in those terms... Dunno why, must investigate...

FNC Plugins (OLM, for instance) are fine, though...

Edited once, last by gorski ().

• Can someone confirm if powervu Discovery channels on Thor 0.8 (12303 V 27500 5/6 8PSK) are working with oscam emu?

Which version, with which oscam.server and oscam.conf file?

For me, as per webinterface it is working, 100% ECM ok, but picture is still black.

I am using openATV 6.2.

Thanks.

• I don't have the signal for it.

Try in OSCam EMU sub-section on this forum, I contributed a config set of files there, which work on 4.8 and 9E at the same time, no need for extra measures, they just work...

Perhaps one of the users with signal there can check it - many have downloaded it, so... ;)

• FGD, I am told by guys who do have the signal that all PV channels on 0.8 are being decrypted, using oscamemu-latest 11441-r780 from PurE2 feed, so there... ;)

• hi there

it is posible to do for zgemma h52s plus

• I don't have it, sorry - it's in PurE2 feed...

• Hisakatano, m8, I have looked into your script.zip and I have edited the text you wrote, plus added some info...

Can you check it all out, please and let me know if it needs amending/changing? :)

SECOND GENERATION SCRIPT FOR EXPANDING ZGEMMA'S H9X/H9.2X FLASH TO MICRO SD CARD

ZGEMMA H9X/H9.2X STB (Sat TV receiver) series mostly has a 256 MB Flash, which today is not much to play with... ;)

So, serious hobbyists need to expand its Flash to play with Kodi and so on... There are 3 ways:

1) old Flash Expander E2 plugin, to a fast USB 3.0 stick (I wrote in detail about it on various forums - but better not do this);

2) this script, moving everything (= root) from the flash to a fast Micro SD memory card (much better!);

3) using the same script one can now use a fast USB memory stick (especially in H9X series, which has a fast USB 3.0 port)!

Various Micro SD cards have been tested: class4, class 10 and class A1.

In principle, they are all working but not every single Micro SD card will work.

HOW TO CHECK IF A MICRO SD CARD IS OK FOR FLASH EXPANSION WITH ZGEMMA H9X/H9.2X STB

Insert the Micro SD card into Zgemma H9X/H9.2X and reboot the box.

Check the /var/logs/message file, using the PuTTy app. Log in by writing:

root

password, if any - for example "pure2" for PurE2 image [without "" signs].

Now, copy and paste this telnet command into PuTTy:

cat /var/log/messages | grep mmcblk0:

If you see something like these messages:

Apr 6 19:28:13 zgemmah9t user.info kernel: mmcblk0: mmc0:59b4 USDU1 7.31 GiB

Apr 6 19:28:13 zgemmah9t user.info kernel: mmcblk0: p1

or

May 20 13:25:49 zgemmah9s user.info kernel: mmcblk0: mmc0:aaaa SC64G 59.5 GiB

May 20 13:25:49 zgemmah9s user.info kernel: mmcblk0: p1

...then you can proceed...

LET'S DO IT

First, please note:

Scripts etc. were taken from PurE2 image, where the solution was found for the "second generation problem" of this sort.

Thanx to Hisakatano, who published this on LinuxSat Support forum, where I published the first generation solution

to the problem (credit for the first one, I think, goes to the Captain@OpenATV).

It seems to me that Hisakatano then came up with this, second solution, having seen it working in PurE2, as described by me.

He then informed us how this can be done not only in PurE2, where it is integrated in the image - but also in OpenATV 6.2.

So, this manual is for the second generation Script of this sort but in OpenATV v. 6.2 Enigma2 image!

It differs from the first one in several steps, as described below...

"How to move '/' (root, i.e. all the folders and files) to mmc (MicroSD) card in OpenATV 6.2 image"

One can prepare an mSD card by formatting it in EXT4 (a single active partition).

Use freeware "Minitool Partition Wizard" Windows app for the task.

Note: it is not necessary, as the script will also do it, inside the box itself.

1. Insert micro SD Card into the back mSD slot of Zgemma H9X/H9.2X series.

2. Download script.zip and extract it. (See Hisakatano's post earlier!)

3. Use FTP Client (FileZilla) App to send the "script" folder to Zgemma H9x/H9.2X > /usr folder.

4. Right click on the script folder > "File attributes" > 755 > check the "Recurse in the subdirectories" > OK.

5. In OpenATV image go to Info Panel > Plugins > Job Manager > Select H9_boot_mSD.sh > Run.

6. "Are you ready to run the script?" > Yes > Run once > wait for it to finish ("Execution Finished").

7. Restart H9X/H9.2X

8. After reboot go to Menu > Information > Memory and see if you have loadsa flash suddenly... :)

===============================================================

How to go back to a previous state of things (rollback to rootfs, to NAND)?

Simply take the mSD out and flash a new image.

Credits:

As far as I know, credit for the first generation script goes to Captain@OpenATV.

For this one ("second generation") to work in OpenATV, I do not know whom to credit for sure...

BUT I presume Hisakatano figured it out...

What I do know is that the problem was solved by Delfi/trom/tromoto of PurE2 team (with a little help from yours truly...).

As I said, from what I can see, all the scripts were taken from PurE2 and a solution was found for them to work in OpenATV.

In PurE2 everything is done via remote control, the scipt is included in the image: MENU > pManager > Script...

As above, i.e. the last part of > step 5, as above > Run once...

Additional info and editing by gorski

P.S. Do not mount Micro SD card using pManager (in PurE2 or any kind of Device Manager in any other Enigma2).

Then, the script can't umount it. Once I unmounted it, using pManager - it worked!

Edited once, last by gorski ().

• Good on you, Arthur! :)

Gogypiko made one for a Spanish image, too... ;)

It is working in OpenATV, as we know, as is PurE2...

But OpenPLi don't feel like working on it at all... Ahem...

• Here, one more for the road:

• Did anyone get it, guys? If you have, can you post it here, please?

Cheers! :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!