Zgemma 9h twin full image backup not working.

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,861 times. The last Post () by coach_jarzabek.

• I've recently been getting a Zgemma H9 twin. It is a fantastic little box. Very fast and multiboot is great.

However, I cannot get the full image back-up to work. I've tried it with Pure2 6.3, OpenPli 7.1 and OpenATV 6.3 with no success.

I've got a newly installed 300GB HDD with only a few files (movies, recordings etc) on it.

The backup of the system settings to HDD works fine.

However when I elect to do a full image backup to /media/hdd I get this output with Pure2 and OpenPli :-

With OpenATV 6.3 the process gets a bit further:-

A zip file is created on the HDD. I can then enter recovery mode and flash the backed-up image.

However, when flashing is complete the box does not boot and it just reverts to the recovery mode.

The zip file produced (101,116Kb) contains

unforce_h9combo.txt

h9combo (folder)

force_h9combo_READ.ME

imageversion

rootfs.tar.bz2

There is no "uImage". Should there be?

I've tried backing-up the image in use and also an image in another slot - with the same result.

Am I the only one with this problem? What is the problem? How can I fix it?

• I have similar problem. I tried with OpenAtv 6.2 both on HDD an Usb with same results. The Full backup creates a directory h9combo with baseparam.bin, bootargs.bin, fastboot.bin, imageversion, logo.bin, pq_param.bin, rootfs.tar.bz2 and uImage but they are not zipped so no zip file.

Any help ?

• The solution for me was to use OpenVIX 5.3. The full image backup and restore works on that image. The only one I've found!

For your problem you could FTP download the created files in h9combo to your PC and zip them there. Then FTP the resulting zip file back to the hdd on your box. Check the restore works on a test to an empty slot before relying on the restore image for real.

• Hi

Any chance to fix this big problem in OPEN ATV ? if anyone will find solution to this problem please respond here. Thank you.

I tried everything and same problem.

• I think I have discovered the problem I was having in the PurE2 image. One of the plugins I had added had overwritten the 7za file in /usr/bin

When I replaced the original file the full backup then worked.

I still got the "socket ignored" error and the "Image creation failed" message but a backup zip file was created and I was able to restore it.

• I have no problems to create working backup (checked with OpenATV 6.2 and 6.3) even when I have similar error message.

Anyway - when flashed same or different H9 Twin with my backup image - after flashing - these boxes do not see wifi card and only LAN is working ;-)

Trying with OpenPLi 7.1 and backup suite - but is not working at all (backup creator)

I have trying to create backup on sandisk pendrive (16GB) also with SSHD 500GB - same results

Zgemma H9 Support Forum - Combo Tuner DVB-S2X DVB-C/T2 Linux Enigma2 Multi-stream QT Stalker WiFi Digital Receiver

Download Zgemma H9 Twin SE, Zgemma H9 Combo, Zgemma H9 Combo SE, Zgemma H9s and Zgemma H9s SE 4K UHD Series Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV, OpenBh, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenPLi, OpenLD, OpenSPA, OpenViX, OpenVision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, Sat-Lodge.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!