Multiboot flash image with Barry Allen for DM920

There are 60 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 16,162 times. The last Post () by hecha71.

• Hello. Finally someone found a solution to be able to install images in MD920 in multiboot with Barry Allen?

hello, and what solution do you need?, install any of the latest dream os-based image into the receiver's flash memory, install the media into the receiver on which you will install the Barry Allen plugin, I pre-formatted it in ext4, the media does not mount in any case, when installing Barry Allen, the plugin will mount it itself as need,

after connecting the receiver to the computer via ftp, place the installation package in the tmp folder and give the command from telnet

apt update
    dpkg -i /tmp/*.deb
    apt -f -y install

You should be able to do as I have in the screenshot

And only now we give the command

reboot

After restarting on TV, you should see the BA plug-in screensaver.

• Official Post

How about reading what the author of the plugin is informing.

MythBusters - Boxpirates
    Hi! Nachdem es hier relativ ruhig ist und kaum mehr Anleitungen erstellt oder geschweige denn sogar gelesen werden, habe ich mir gedacht es würde Sinn machen…
    www.boxpirates.to

Use Google Translate if you do not read German

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

If you want to support the Linuxsat-Support forum

Become a VIP Member

• How about reading what the author of the plugin is informing.

the author is partly right..this is when the ssd disk is not divided into several partitions.. so I split the disk into 2 partitions, one small about 30-40 gig for barriallen with the head of this volume, we even take into account that in the script we will change the maximum number of images that can be set to 13 by 33.and we will take the rest for storing records,the needs of various installed plugins, also storing epg and the like. Let's say everything worked for you, but for some reason you decided to reinstall the image that is in flash memory, of course, you need to re-install Barry Allen later, although he remained on the ssd, you install the image plug-in and it is installed more precisely, it is simply reinstalled with saving everything that was on the entire disk without formatting it and did not delete anything from words at all..I 've already checked this a couple of times on purpose ..so what is the essence of his reasoning? here with the usual hdd, yes, I would not put Barry Allen on this type of media, but I do not see any reason for his categorical opinion on ssd that it is impossible or not necessary or whatever he likes to loudly declare "this is a myth". Maybe he needs to figure out how to make sure that after the disk partition, the plugin does not climb to be installed on a larger partition?

Although knowing his character is like banging your head against a wall..it's easier to ask a competent programmer to fix it than to communicate with gutamine

• Does this still work or does the fact gutemine closed his servers have nothing to do with it ?

I have a DM900 clone Sim2.30 if I follow the instructions in post #42 will I be ok ? And which image should I have loaded to the box it's loaded with DreamElite 6.0 at the moment. Thanks.

• The install went ok and Barry Allen is in the Plugins menu however after ftp'ing a few images over and extracting them through the menu they show up in the Barry Allen menu of available boot options but only Flash will boot. All other options yield a black screen with the name of the image on the dm900 display.

Have to reboot with the power switch on the rear of the unit to boot again from Flash. What has gone wrong here ?

• The install went ok and Barry Allen is in the Plugins menu however after ftp'ing a few images over and extracting them through the menu they show up in the Barry Allen menu of available boot options but only Flash will boot. All other options yield a black screen with the name of the image on the dm900 display.

Have to reboot with the power switch on the rear of the unit to boot again from Flash. What has gone wrong here ?

to install OE2.2 based images via Berry Allan like open ATV ,open blackhole like that ,you are facing issues?

• I have a DM900 clone Sim2.30 if I follow the instructions in post #42 will I be ok ? And which image should I have loaded to the box it's loaded with DreamElite 6.0 at the moment. Thanks.

Bro, for a clone, I don't know if everything will work adequately there...on any image in the receiver, a dream os (Any) must be installed

• I have a DM900 clone Sim2.30 if I follow the instructions in post #42 will I be ok ? And which image should I have loaded to the box it's loaded with DreamElite 6.0 at the moment. Thanks.

Bro, for a clone, I don't know if everything will work adequately there...on any image in the receiver, a dream os (Any) must be installed

in SIM2.30 BA can be installed by installing the original image from https://www.dreamboxupdate.com…le/images/dm900/index.php , the tuner won't work on original image installed on flash, however tuner will work in rest installed images via BA :goodluck:

• in SIM2.30 BA can be installed by installing the original image from https://www.dreamboxupdate.com…le/images/dm900/index.php , the tuner won't work on original image installed on flash, however tuner will work in rest installed images via BA :goodluck:

you don 't understand me ..look for any fresh image for a clone based on dream oc and pour it into your res and then use Barry Allen.. and the fact that then you can install the original images , I have known this for a long time ..in the same way as in my original, I can install images in barry allen from clone and 920 and all the images work fine

• I have Merlin installed in flash and BA installed and everything works fine with the 16gb flash With the 4gb card I just had a black screen when booting from backup images for some reason but the sd card itself seemed to be the problem.

• So I'm not out of the woods yet...

All images boot fine but even though the Flash image has working tuners none of the non-sim2.30 multi boot images do.

Does anyone know HOW Barry Allen uses the flash drivers for ALL images ?

Edited once, last by zayden ().

• good evening group..i want to share a concern with you.

how to install barry allen exactly with what commands in dreambox 920?

I have installed barry allen on dreambox 920 but maybe I made a mistake somewhere in the installation that when I put the egami 10.4 image on barry allen the image goes halfway and does not open, so the yellow line goes halfway and the red light flashes continuously and the image does not open does not go to the end. where is the problem please can you explain to me?

thank you and respect.

• good evening group..i want to share a concern with you.

how to install barry allen exactly with what commands in dreambox 920?

I have installed barry allen on dreambox 920 but maybe I made a mistake somewhere in the installation that when I put the egami 10.4 image on barry allen the image goes halfway and does not open, so the yellow line goes halfway and the red light flashes continuously and the image does not open does not go to the end. where is the problem please can you explain to me?

thank you and respect.

found same issue with me as I installed the latest version of BA 12.91 ..I downgraded the BA version with 12.72 the issue was solved ,,again upgraded with latest version and found NO issue while installing OE2.0 images

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!