Help porting Enigma2 to new device

There are 23 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,586 times. The last Post () by lme.

• Official Post

Much appreciated, i will root the device and install TWRP (im am a complete android noob so i am googling that now as well - it appears to be a simple process)

i fully understand that i may brick this device...... but as i really hate android.....even if i end up with a combo running e2 without its tuners, it would be more useful to me.

• I did download to have a quick look:

GTMEDIA_GTCOMBO_V2.0_C20.A9.1.11_19102021.rar

GTCOMBO_v2.0_C20.A9.1.24_20230717.img

GTCOMBO_v2.0_C20.A9.1.24_20230717.zip

I did not found any reference to "aml_autoscript". This not necessary means we can not auto boot without Reset. There should be always the long way option to use the Update&Backup APK to force running the script from Android Menu.

There was a uboot multiboot. Sadly all links I found for the original uboot multiboot where removed from Internet!! Weird.

New custom uboot can also do the trick in the even we need a simple USB auto boot method.

Tomorow if I have spare time I may try to unpack Working Libreelect boot.img, and see if I can modify "init" to auto chroot into Enigma 2 partition.

Then I guess see if I can reuse working remote control config from libreeelect and substituye it on old Enigma. See if I got ETH0 and WLAN working.

Again, I do not need a working MXQPRO4K with E2. I am doing it as a practice experience.

This MXQPRO4K future may be to stay in Libreelect or with my own custom copy of Debian.

• Update.

I want to notify, that I am still working on the project. In general I am learning on boot/recovery process of Amlogic Devices. I will continue because what I learn should apply not only to GTCOMBO, but to most E2 Arm devices. So I am learning anyway.

Now my GTCOMBO purchase is in trouble. So I do not know when I will be receiving it.

There are a few obstacles that are making this project hard or destine to fail.

The SAT Hack community has been for long here. But to survive, hackers need to have as much freedom to modify their stuff so that it finally can obtain positives results. So Lock bootloaders or Force updated on devices are the enemy of a hacker. If a hacker find that a new firmware not longer work, he then try to rollback to the previous. But if a Lock bootloader prevent rollback, it is then endgame. There is more to it but lets try to make it short. Now USA intelligence N S A, long intervening in Phone OS development to ensure that commerce on phones is safe. And Android/Iphone user got custom to force updates. Now an Android Satellite receiver can NOT be like phones. As I explain your TV viewing gets on jeopardy.

It seems at the moment that GTMEDIA is treating its Android Satellite receivers like Phones with force updates. I do not own GTMEDIA to be sure that possible the phone bootloader may be lock too. If we can not install what we want as hackers on the Receiver, then this device looses quickly its potential as a platform.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!