There are 49 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 7,254 times. The last Post () by scousewerule.

• Official Post

Could your boxes local ip have changed, check the ip you are forwarding to matches your boxes.

right been tested by gaz and its ok

should i try setting up a new hostname

I think this is a port forwarding issue, please give as much info as possible of what you have tried so far.

• If gaz has tested with ip address instead of dns name and it works then the issue must lie with your dns updater . Which one are you using ??

Dont forget to hit the thanks button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:41_002:

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• no mate , if 12000 is your port you would log in to your router and add a port forward/firewall rule from the options somewhere.

you would tell the router for instance to redirect all port 12000 traffic to the local ip of your server.

the dnsupdater doesnt do any port forwarding for you it simply maps and tracks your ip with your host name.

If you still having grief maybe an idea to become a vip on this site and get some special help !!

t

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• you would add say a port forward on port 12000 ( if thats what port your using for cc ) to the local ip of your cc server . So if your cc server is on local ip of say 192.168.1.10 then you would port forward to there.

Didn't you say though on a previous post that when a peer put your isp IP direct instead of hostname then it worked ?

• [QUOTE=newtolinux;13207

Didn't you say though on a previous post that when a peer put your isp IP direct instead of hostname then it worked ?[/QUOTE]

yes m8 i did,think portforwarding is ok,i have a feeling its the box m8,is the nameserver the same as dns server and if so should this be same as my dns server

scouse

• scouse,

which dns did you sign upto ??

obviosely dont post your hostname !!

• no mate , for name server on dm500s put your router ip address

• newtolinux just realised my router and box have the same ip is this correct

scouse

p.s when i use DCC

i have just got latest version of dcc and wont connect to box,were as with the old version it did,had same ip for box and router on that version as well

• then that will prob be your issue . your box needs to be on a local ip to the routers subnet . For example if your router addresses dhcp ip in the range 192.168.1.1-192.168.1.254 then your dm500 must sit somewhere in this range. Your router will have its own static ip and will not change.

Your dm should have its own ip on the network or things will never work

• nameserver and gateway is the same ip address as router

• scouse make sure your dm500 is set to static ip and not got the dhcp option ticked . Then setup again as before

CCcam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for CCcam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!