2 servers in oscam reader

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,361 times. The last Post () by lacierva.

• is it possible to have 2 compleatley different servers in the reader of oscam server file ? if so any examples out there ? how does it select one over the other ?

When you enter the server details in OSCam, it will know to some extent what services are available. It will not send requests if it knows that service is not available. If you have the same service on both readers/proxy readers, it sends the request to both readers, and the quickest response will be the one serving the request. so long as you know how to enter one reader entry, then the only difference for the second one is you have to give it a different name providing they are both using the same protocol. Once you understand this, then you can look at defining services and caids for each reader if you want, and other options such as loadbalancing. I am not sure an example is needed if you are aware how to add a reader entry, but if you still don't understand, please let us know what you don't understand. The information is out there in the OSCam wiki, and on this forum, and this is quite basic stuff, so maybe a little reading will help.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• When you enter the server details in OSCam, it will know to some extent what services are available. It will not send requests if it knows that service is not available. If you have the same service on both readers/proxy readers, it sends the request to both readers, and the quickest response will be the one serving the request. so long as you know how to enter one reader entry, then the only difference for the second one is you have to give it a different name providing they are both using the same protocol. Once you understand this, then you can look at defining services and caids for each reader if you want, and other options such as loadbalancing. I am not sure an example is needed if you are aware how to add a reader entry, but if you still don't understand, please let us know what you don't understand. The information is out there in the OSCam wiki, and on this forum, and this is quite basic stuff, so maybe a little reading will help.

thanks musogeek,
    i know how to add one reader, but am unsure if the second is put seperatly or is the information of both included in the first reader, so do i have one set of entry or 2 ? thanks for the response and help, appreciate it

• Yes a different reader entry in oscam.server for each reader/proxy reader

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!