wlan help setting up.

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 536 times. The last Post () by uglykidjoes.

• Can anyone guide me step by step on setting up a wireless connection on any e2 image. I go to network and theres never nothing that says wlan and ive tried to turn lan off in hope wireless options appear but nothing. Surley some one must of setup up a connection before and could shed some light on this please.

Using alien 2 and current e2 is open atv version 5.1

- - - Updated - - -

Edit note... i setup spark wifi easy so my dongle and wireless devices all work so i can rule that out thanks

• I do not use wireless, but I do know that different images have either none/some/all wireless drivers enabled by default.

If you telnet to the box and type "ifconfig" does the adapter show up?

Type "lsmod" - this will list all the modules (drivers) loaded and see if there is something for your wlan adapter. (if you don't know, post output and the wlan adapter you are using.)

Also could be helpful to connect a serial cable so you can see the boot up messages to see if any wlan drivers get loaded (or at least attempted to load...)

• cheers for that reply mate,ive decided to go and try homeplugs and see if thats better for me thanks again

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!