need help getting the right receiver

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 697 times. The last Post () by abdulaziz.

• Hello
    from google search I found this website and it's rated as one of the best out there in providing help and support
    so please could someone help me with this ( I'm new to all this and got no idea about satellites, receivers or cable)

so recently I moved to a new flat and I'm in (virmin) cable area, so I need a receiver that can work with the cable provider and satellite (s...y)
    so from some google search I found that there's different tuners such as dvb/s2 and dvb-c.
    if I want to use the reciever with both providers cable and satellite I believe I should buy a receiver with the aforementioned tuners.
    so really my questioned might seem bit stupid but again sorry I'm a newbie and not sure what I'm doing
    the dvb/s tuner looks like an outlet where you can connect your coax by screwing the wire coming from your satellite, but the dvb-c which is supposed to be used with virmin looks a bit different (like the antenna outlet) so I'm not sure how the connection would work because virmin uses coax wire coming from the wallbox as well!

sorry if i sound nonsense
    any help would be appreciated
    ad79a3e746dd9.jpg

• The picture you have posted is the correct tuners you would need to be able to receive sky & Virgin..... the feeds running to the box from your sky dish will need a "F-type" connector on the end of them to attach them to tuner A in the picture.... and then the feed coming from the Virgin feed running into your flat would need a standard aerial type connector on the end of it to attach to tuner B....

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!