amiko alien 2 question

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 550 times. The last Post () by pauldb.

• hi everyone my box has been working fine with all 7 day epg ect and ive turned my box on now and the epg is lost and the date and time will not pick up the correct time??? its connected to internet and ive re bouquet and re-scanned channels and restarted box but on every channel it says "tune failed" when ive not changed any settings since its been working well??

the setup is hyperion image running on my amiko alien 2 and its a fixed sly dish at 28.2 e i thnk its called. i really dont get whats happend as ive only just got it working fine and nothing has changed yet now it dont flamming work??

thanks for any advice

Edit.... its back on now even tho i changed nothing?? Strange old thing this box is i tell you. Can anyone confirm in service setiings whatbits ment to say i meam step by step as im a noob. I have tuner a b n c and tuner a says enabled and tuner b n c say 28.2 e. I mean what they ment to say and why didnt it pick up the date and time? Is that maybe a pkt problem ?

Esit again.... after going through a lot of channels quite a few of te say tune failed?? For intance sly movies aka sly premier works but sly disney dont amd sly sports works yet bt aport and boxnation dont.? Ive ran and updated bouquets so why is this happening on some channels?

• the time and date depends on wether you are using the internet or the sat for the time,
    i suspect because you had tune failed you are getting your time from the sat thats why the time was wrong

but look in the blue panel in there is a sync time settings, try that, also putting the box in to standby sometimes fixes the time

epg could be you have lost the hard drive or usb thats connected ie not mounted,

to be honest it can be a million and one things why these go wrong eh its a alien2

as for tuners for the sat it should say something like simple,single 28.2e send diseqc no on both sats if all you are using is 28.2e, if you are not using the t/c tuner then switch it off

• Thabks for reply bud ive checked tome in blue panel and got it to these settings

Transponder update enabled
    ntp online update enabled
    auto update every 1hour
    sync at startup enabled.

As for tune failed on just some channels have you any idea mate? Its lost boxnation sly premier now and sly disney plus bbc one hd to name a few?

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!