How do i install oscam to solo 4k from tar.gz file.

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,898 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Morning

Could someone please explain how to install the latest oscam11203.tar.gz file to 4k solo manually.

I sent the file to the tmp folder, and renamed it shorter to oscam-svn11203.tar.gz I then followed the instruction found elsewhere below.

send tar.gz file to folder tmp
    change with "cd /tmp to the folder and type (without "" and changing filename to actual filename)
    "tar -xzvf filename.tar.gz -C /" and press enter

The files seemed to unzip and I rebooted the box but the softcam did not come up in the softcam menu system. Where am I going wrong.

• Open file inside u see oscam bin file send that file with ftp to your 4k replace with old oscam bin file it will work
    config files are in doc/example folder send them too your 4k
    check this thread where u must send the files every image use difrerent paths..

http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=100833

One hint same oscam bin file works on wetek too can be used always together :)

Vu+ Ultimo Vu+ Solo2 Vu+ Solo 4K Gigablue X1 Gigablue Quad Plus Wetekplay Wetek Core...
    4m , 2m motorized, 95 diseq usals ....

• There seems to be a lot more going on under the bonnet of oscam that there seems. Let say you have access to a private server and you use cccam to oscam convertor if you just copy and paste the information into oscam.server then I seem to get a glitchy experience, but if you take an ipk file from on here that has been modded and do the same then you get a happy viewing experinece. There seems to be lots more information needed for the config files than just the server info.

• I am using the vu solo 4k open atv 5.1 back up made by yourself, it comes complete with oscam 11196 installed. If I pasted my info into the oscam.server file and restart I can see the info I need in the webif and I may get the odd glitch very rarely. I installed the 11202 ipk oscam file today for openatv and it wiped the setting for 11196 I copied by details to the oscam.server and did a restart of the cam. The gllitching is terrible so I have factory reset the box and loaded back to 11196. I was testing oscam before I bought the 4k on a tm-nano-se (i know different chip set) but i got the same results using different version of oscam. It seems as though the stock oscam file does dont run fast enough. The best version I had I noticed that when I went into the webif the front page was updating to show live info everytime there was a key change but on 11196 from the back up it shows maybe 5 seconds of info and then does not update. I hope this makes sense.

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!