alien 2 stuck on clock help needed

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 828 times. The last Post () by uglykidjoes.

• hey everyone so yesterday my box was fine and up and running and i used it to record a program in the midleof the night which has recorded fine, this morning i took out my usb to use on pc and turned my box off as normal. now ive come to use box again to watch the footy it just wont boot on anything e2 or spark it just gets stuck on the clock?
    nothing has been changed by me or anyone else since it worked last night so anyone any ideas what this could be??

using alien 2 on hyperion 4.5
    fixed sly dish at 28.2
    and im not sure what other info anyone may need.

ive tried serveral times to reboot ive tried turning off at wall and at back of box, holding middle button does nothing and ive tried usb in front and back slots to for sake of trying everything?

thanks

• what does "turned my box off as normal" entail?
    There should be no "clock" until an image is loaded - just boot info if the box was unplugged/switched off...
    Maybe time to connect a serial cable to see what is going on...

• just like to say its back on now i did the following not that i think i did it any good but here goes.....

put usb in back port
    i had it turned off at wall for 10 mins
    i then turned it on and it was still stuck on clock so i left it another 15 minuets
    i then held down the power/stanby buton
    and power cycled the back switch on the box and low and behold it said boot and then booted to my image.

and ideas on why this happend and how to prevent it

- - - Updated - - -

what does "turned my box off as normal" entail?
    There should be no "clock" until an image is loaded - just boot info if the box was unplugged/switched off...
    Maybe time to connect a serial cable to see what is going on...

off as normal is i pressed the power button on the remote and then switched off the back switch on the box. i npower it off completely when not in use as my mrs uses the sly box

• Quick note its not starting properly. Ive had it on fine most of this afternoon and i decided tonturn it off and see if it came on again. Now i pressed button on remote (quick press) and then turned switch off at back.
    i now decided to flick switch again to see what happend and it left it stuck on clock again. Remote and none of the buttons on box did anything so i flicked switch off again and held middle button and turned on and same nothing just clock and no buttons worked .
    so this time i powerd off and truned back on but this time holding the standby button on front of box and it started to boot as normal :-€?

Sorry for droning on but i tried again with holding standby just to see and it failed again just the clock. So i then held standby and did a quick flick on n off and back on agakn at back of box and that seems to work every other time now but what and why is this happening?

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!