DM800 stuck in boot loop after changing skin

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 8,110 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Hi Guys,

I was playing around with box settings on my DM800 and tried to change the skin to hd_glass 16.

When I rebooted the box, it crashed and now it seems stuck in a reboot loop getting to a green screen stage informing me of a error.

The last line of the green screen is as follows:

SkinError:{hd_glass16/skin.xml}: unsupported attribute id=1

(exit code 5)

Any suggestions?

Obviously my box doesn't support this skin, but how do I get back into the box to revert back to another skin?

I get a sneaky feeling I have to flash software/firmware whatever onto the box, but I've never done anything like this in the past, and I think it's about time I became more hands on.

Do I need to connect the box directly to a laptop for this, or can I load stuff onto a pen drive and reboot the box.

Am I talking out my backside here?

HELP! :-)

S

• If you can still FTP to the box you can remove the skin thats causing problems.

FTP to /usr/share/enigma2/ and look for the name of the skin, then delete and reboot DM800.

Thanks G, followed above instructions and all up and running again, much appreciated.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!