Looking for a new box - heavy spec

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 579 times. The last Post () by FredC.

• I'm looking to move on to my next box and wondered if there is anything that fits the following spec, in STB format (rather than PC / server based).

1) HD / UHD capable, multi-tuner (2 or more) and Multi-sat capable using Diseq 1.2 or better (needs to support an 8 way diseq switch with 6 LNBs attached). Also have additional Astra 2 feed.
    2) Recording / Timeshift via either internal HDD, external USB or to a network share.
    3) Softcam capable (preferably CC).
    4) DVB-T2 capable either on built-in tuners or via an upgrade
    5) Capable of acting as an IPTV streaming source for use with Kodi / XMBC clients (at least 3 instances). Prefer TV Headend capable, but really anything that can work with Kodi.
    6) Able to stream multiple channels on the same TP from a single tuner (e.g. BBC1, BBC2 & BBC4 from 10773H on Astra 2E).
    7) Wired ethernet port. Nothing wireless only.
    8) Able to be remotely managed directly from a PC (Satellites, Transonders, Channels, keys etc). Should be via LAN, but can work via USB and uploads / downloads provided its built in, and not a 3rd party hack. I'm perfectly at home with command line, but equally happy to use a GUI interface either by VNC or as a remote client tool.
    9) HDMI and composite video out at the same time or HDMI and modulator output at same time. This would be nice, but not a deal breaker.
    10) Price not too concerned here, but would like to stay under £500 / €600 and needs to come from a UK dealer.

If there's nothing out there to do this yet, then how close can I get. I'm happy to play with software images, and don't mind having to craft a bit of code to get it to work.
    I'm new to the forum, but I've had trawl round and while I can find some of the things mentioned here, I thought I'd ask first. Hopefully this is the correct sub-forum.

I've been involved in Sat TV since Astra 1, and had several boxes and dishes. I've no interest in receiving streams from the internet to play on Kodi, as I can't lock these down enough for the kids.
    My last box was a Skybox F3s, but I've got fed up with how slow it is, and having to reboot everytime I try to change a setting.
    Prior to that I used an Icecrypt S2000, which was a dream to use, but lacked softcam support and HD. I still use it to align dishes, as its got such a great responsive tuning aid built-in.

• Cheers master G, that looks awesome.

Are there any places I can get a manual for it? I've tried the makers web site, but that model isn't listed in the manuals download pages. If there isn't a manaul available, where it the best sub-forum to ask questions about this model (similarly, there doesn't seem to be a sub-forum for this model)?. I guess it's pretty new.

Not sure which image I would select from the list of choices for pre-installationby the UK supplier. Any reccomendations based on my list?

Finally, are there any other makers / models that fit the bill, albeit with reduced features (I guess 4K is pretty new)?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!