Newbie here - VU+ Solo SE

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 794 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• Morning everyone,

I'm hoping you can help me with a few things.

I purchased the above box a while ago, and it came ready to go and has been fine until recently.

I need to update it and i'm not sure what to do! The Kodi addon isn't working anymore, and TS media addon is telling me that it cannot play videos/streams, and when I go to plug ins and select to download plugins, it tells me that feeds are down for maintenance (that has been saying the same thing for about 3 months now).

I think a fresh flash is what I need, but I cannot for the life of me get it to work! I've followed the step by step guides for a flash but the box just boots as normal when the USB is inserted and then powered on.

Any advice on what I need to do?

Thanks

• To install a new image, you need an empty USB stick FAT32 formatted.

• Download image zip file for your Vu+ model;
    • Unzip the zip file and you will have a folder named vuplus and under the folder, you will have another folder named after the model of your VuPlus set;
    • Copy the vuplus folder (including all the sub folders and files in it) to root folder of your USB stick;
    • WARNING!!! If you have any folder named vuplus on any device connected to your Vu+, delete the folder or rename it;
    • Turn off your Vu+;
    • Disconnect all USB flash drives connected to your receiver;
    • If your receiver is equipped with a front USB port (Duo2, Ultimo, etc.), insert the USB stick in it, otherwise you can insert the USB stick in a rear port.;
    • Turn on your Vu+.

If, for any reason, the upgrade fails, first disconnect any USB devices connected to your Vu+ and then try again to install the new image.
    If the upgrade fails again, try to use another USB stick.

Vu+ SoloSE

Update is done when the LED on front panel remains lit briefly and then starts blinking rapidly.

• Thanks for this,

I'm a little confused. My box looks like the above but also has a pull dwn flap at the right hand side. IT doesn't have a screen on the front though like the solo 2 does, but it has the front usb etc.

• Can you upload an image of it (try finding it on google images)?
    Is it a clone (some images will not work on clone receivers)?
    A good indication of a clone is the price you paid.

• Hi mate,

The box is confusing.

IT says VU+ Solo2 SE on the front, and does have the drop down panel, but it has no screen, just the LED lights.

f72c6f9e17b51d55b8d7.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I power the box and see this screen, for about 30-40 seconds, then it goes off and reboots and does the same.

What image would you recommend I install?

a35f196.jpg

• You have got yourself a clone there bud..... no such thing as a Vu+ solo2 se. Unfortunately due to our current sponsorship terms & conditions we don't offer support for Vu clones... i will have to close this thread now.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

VU+ SOLO SE PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!