NBOX Sx5800sx blank lcd after Graterlia crach ran from usb

• Hey guys,

Similar problem to this post http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=36151 have an nbox 5800sx & somehow managed to overwrite uboot with the latest Gratalia OS ran from a usb(didn`t think it was possible like that) & am in need of some advice.

It ran for over a day with no problems,my jumpy framerate on added iptv channels was solved(had problems with a few channels)Think the upgarded ffmpeg/gstreamer fixed it for me.

Then it crashed & got stuck on an iptv channel,with the screen blank & spinner still on screen..Waited over 15 mins & had to pull the plug.

When I turned it back on therer was nothing displayed on the lcd of the nbox,the optical is still lit & usb remains functional(lit)..SO I`m presuming graterlias somehow overwrite uboot.

Looking online & all useful resources here I was able to find a English guide to modification & tips how to fix..

I opened up my nbox expecting to see a wire soldered already to a20 as was hoping disconnect & touch a19 whilst having multibootv2 in the usb would sort it for me..One problem no wire so do I have to soldler one myself?

Do I remove it after or leave attached to a20 & debug pin 3.3v?I`m more than a little confused by it all & any help is greatly appreciated :)

- - - Updated - - -

Edit to above - Flipped the mobo & can see the soldered wire..Too late to get the soldering iron out now but hopeful I`m now on the right path.

This nbox has been a steep learning curve from start to let`s hope not but finish,lol..Had some great fun & learnt a lot too..so not all bad. :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!