Cardsharing with openbox

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,235 times. The last Post () by hooley.

• Hi guys I'm new to chardsharing and I have a openbox I could do with some friendly advice I'm sorry if a thread already like this exists and I also apologies if this is a really silly question.
    Like I said I have an open box connected to my virgin media all in one netgear wireless router / modem using a ethernet cable on my box I have turned on DHCP and tried a few free servers and they all come up as being offline is this because they are free or is it something to do with the settings on my router. Any advice offered would be very much appreciated thanks in advance

• There are no free servers unless someone has given you a test for free.

These free servers you see are more likely someones server that was hacked and their shares stolen then published on the web.

So i`m guessing they are offline because the shares are no longer active.

Thank you for replying much appreciated would you suggest I pay to use a server? sorry if this breaks forum rules

• As im sure master G will tell you, stay well away from payservers....they are generally considered very bad news and it is not permitted to converse about them on this very cool forum. It is against the ethos of cardsharing as you will learn.

I too am very new to the whole scene but i can say that you are in the right place for unbiased, informative help.

Make sure you use the Search funstion to its fullest extent and you will find many people are on hand toassist you if you dont find the information you need after a search.
    There is a section on this site for declaring your interest in looking for a local without having one too.

Take your time and have a look around and you will soon get yourself up to speed.

Welcome to the forum

Regards
    beer10
    LandUzu

• Guys I have been given some test lines I entered in the info using the remote but get the following KO!:( Anyone had this before? what do I do ?

• Use a USB flash drive to load your test lines, all the info you need is in the tutorials section. Couldn't be easier with an openbox.Make sure you have one of the latest firmwares on you're box also.

Boycott shampoo, demand real poo

• Tried that still the same thing my router isn't registering that's the box is plugged in I read somewhere that the fake boxes have issues with the network card so I don't know

• Sometimes there can be simple things wrong such as a bad RJ-45 cable or connections. You said you checked your router and it hasn't connected - I take it DHCP is enabled in your router? Not familiar with your box but if there is an option to enable static IP rather than use DHCP then it is worth doing this and maybe try setting the receiver's mac address in your router to make it a permanent fixed IP.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• hi have you tried to reboot the box mine sometimes doesn't connect to my router switching off then back on usually fixes it I am using wifi bridges with mine though hope this helps Dazzza

ps if you are using the firmware that says ko when not connecting that is I think the beta testing software I had issues with it reading slyuk card if you look back to about November there is a much more stable version which I am running on four genuine openbox s10's pm me if you need a working dump for slyuk and a good channel list I will upload to a torrent Dazzza

• Tried that still the same thing my router isn't registering that's the box is plugged in I read somewhere that the fake boxes have issues with the network card so I don't know

Have a good read through the tutorials , everything you need is in there. These boxes in fairness give little trouble , it's probably something simple.

Boycott shampoo, demand real poo

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!