SkyQ to be priced this week

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,269 times. The last Post () by iain66.

• Official Post

January 25, 2016

a6a0694eec3e3d4645af.jpg

Sky will unveil its pricing structure for its new SkyQ Ultra-HD set-top box during its latest quarter’s results announcements on January 29th.

Analyst reports suggest the new ‘all in’ pricing model will start above the current £90 per month for Sky’s all-embracing top-level sports & movies bundles.

Equity analysts at investment bank Nomura suggested to clients that “If it follows previous product launches, such as HD and connected boxes, then box costs could cause initial downgrades.” However, it tempered its comments by saying that quick [financial] returns would follow.

Deutsche Bank, in a note to clients, said: “Sky Q should be margin accretive. More importantly, selling more services into the base, not chasing subscriber growth means [customer] acquisition costs are falling.”

However, there’s a potential problem for Sky in particular with its German sibling. The weekend saw a report that the German cartel office is looking to split the broadcast TV rights of the important Bundesliga football coverage. The reports say the cartel office is looking for a restructuring of the way the TV rights are sold. Sky Germany currently pays €486 million per season for its ‘all rights’ (TV, cable, web, mobile and IPTV) exclusivity. These rights expire at the end of the 2016-2017 season.

• wonders how much content were gona get when yah can hardly get 1080p broadcasts in UK

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• You just know they will shaft the customers (as usual), but for some of those at the edge of technology it will be a simple "must have"

I certainly won't be one of them, i would need to afford a 4k tv first :62:

defo shafted was ame with + HD blah blah blah , 4K tele will fall dramatically soon enough though , but for me its a for how much content ah need part with coin ;)
    on the sidenote what receiver they using anyone for a specsheet ;)

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• Feb 9th its available for sky broadband users but still not for other broadband user till shortly after...£99 set up cost average additional cost of £12 a month on a typical sky+ package and packages start at £42 a month for new customers

Edited once, last by iain66 ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!