No signal on openbox

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,685 times. The last Post () by jokosat.

• HI I hope someone can help. I'm new to this I have a quad LNB on my dish that was there when I had sky. I now have 2 openbox units one is a V8s and the other is an S11.

The problem is when I have the V8s unit on every channel works fine on that unit. But on the S11 unit it come up with no signal but just on the sky movies all other channels are working fine. When I turn the V8s of the signal comes back and the channels come back.

I hope someone can please help.

Thanks

Tony

• Thank you jokosat,

I have the latest channel list it only seems to happen on some channel and when I turn my other openbox of they start working.

I think that it has something to do with taking too much power of the LNB ( if this is possible).

I have read on here that other people have had the same problem. They say something about horizontal and vertical channels (not sure what these are has I’m new to all this)

This is only happening on my openbox S11 the V8 is working fine.

• the boxes are clashing, you are right re the lnb this usually happenns with a genuine skybox & the generic versions on same lnb[ if the same channel polarity is requested by both boxes the copy box loses out. to cure it look a a better lnb, there is a 'fix' sold on a trading site,nothing nore than a piece of coax cable and a diode
    to regulate voltage, tbh replacing lnb is by far the better option , also as jokosat has mentioned are you feeding the S11 via loop? this may cause same issue

• Hi Samsid and jokosat,

Thanks for your help, my set up is as follows when I had sly I had a +box and a multi room so had 3 cables coming of the LNB.
    So I have got the S11 on the single cable I had for multi room this was my first box.
    I then got a box for my daughters room which is a V8 box which I have one of the +boxes cables plugged in.
    So none are though a loop. I have looked and it seems to be all the vertical channels that aren’t working.

Samsid if I was to change the LNB is there one you would recommend I would also like to add another box in my other daughters room so would need 1 that I could have 3 boxes run off.
    And again thanks for all your help.

• ok for eliminate prob check your s11 in the room where is v8if you get full chanels then is not the box aslo check the v8 where was s11if you not get full chanels then check the connector f aslo is one more feed free in the lnb just swoap it , if alls work ok you don't have to but new lnb ,

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!