Out of range! Is 25 satellites the limit for this receiver?

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 971 times. The last Post () by anorak_ian.

• Hi, my openbox V8S keeps telling me that all satellites past 57 degrees east are "out of range".
    The dark motor is supposed to turn 80 degrees in each direction.

When I press the satlist button on the hand set there are only 25 satellites shown, although I have stored 30 satellites.

Is 25 the limit?

And if so, why did the daft thing let me tune in 30?

• Ok, now I have a Technomate motor, I know this Openbox will only operate to 57 degrees and no further.
    What a load of junk.
    Can someone please recommend a half decent receiver that will send the dish maybe all the way round, 80 degrees.

Is there anything worth looking at further than 57 degrees east?

• check out king of sat gives you all the sats and channels you might need a bigger dish past turksat 42 east but you can always try.most people in the uk use satellites between 42 east turksat to 30 west hippasat.think thats the limit most dishes in the uk can get a reception on.
    trail and error depends what your looking for

• You may find that the technomate motor's 'Hard' limits have been set to around 60 degrees either side, an easy fix take the centre screw out of the spigot stub pull this away and you will see the limiter bars. Adjust these to where you want them.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!