Scart & HDMI

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,617 times. The last Post () by cylib.

• Does anyone know a e2 Image with which both scart and HDMI work simultanous as I want to use HDMI for one tv but through a modulator send picture to second tv in bedroom

• openblackhole on VU to ;)

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• I have yet to find an image on the Amiko Alien 2 (different I know) which supports any output except for HDMI and SPDIF.

The Scart, Composite and RF modulator outputs do not work except with the original Spark OS. However I am currently running a stable OpenATV image but haven't tested it yet. Although the VCR menu doesn't work and I highly suspect the other outputs will not work.

I'd be interested to know if any E2 images do support these. The only way I've split the output is to use a HDMI > Component converter. This feeds in to a Component distributor box (8 outputs) which feeds a couple screens in different rooms about 5 meters apart. The only issue is the cabling logistics. Coaxial cable is obviously best but routing so many cables is not practical. You can of course acquire many other converters. Potentially if you're running it through an AV amp it may have a Composite out which is easy to modulate to RF. Also many TV's will output Composite and audio through their secondary Scart sockets.

I have a spare HDMI > Component converter if you're interested. I'm somewhat of a Plasma TV fan despite these sets becoming less available. The main TV in my living room is a 1080p 50 inch Panasonic PZ70. Almost 8 years old and still produces an amazing picture which would beat many top end LCD/LED models today. It is very hard to notice much difference in picture quality between a digital HDMI and analogue component input. The component just lacks many of the different output attributes available through HDMI.

Then again HDMI distributor matrix / splitters are readily available now. Plus you can use CAT5e/6 to extend the cabling with passive or active adapters depending on the distance required. I've been meaning to get round to obtaining a 2x4 matrix and RJ45 couplers for a while.

• I saw in backup Images an Open pli backup which says scart open. Did anyone try it? I have tested so many by now but none works on both and not willing to spend much for a component convertor.

• I saw in backup Images an Open pli backup which says scart open. Did anyone try it? I have tested so many by now but none works on both and not willing to spend much for a component convertor.

like i said before you have to set the av setting to scart (not vcr settings) for both to work, last time i checked HDMU worked but dont use scart any more, the downside is hdmi is downscaled as well, so 576i through both

Spark STI 7111 Support

Support for ADOH R1, Amiko Alien SHD 8900, Amiko Alien Mini, Goldmaster HD 1200, Golden Media 990 CR HD PVR Spark LX, Golden Media Spark Reloaded, Edision Argus Pingulux, Edision Argus Pingulux Plus, Galaxy Innovations GI S, SAB Unix F+ Solo, Dynavision Spark, Dynavision Spark Plus, Fulan Spark I+, Truman Premier 1+, Samsat Linux 1, Startrack SRT 2020 HD, FullHD FH 2020 HD, Yumatu Spark, Visionnet Hammer, Visionnet Fireball, Superbox S750, Sogno Spark Revolution, Spark STI 7111 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!