Can anyone recommend a new image please?

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,246 times. The last Post () by jokosat.

• Hi guys.

I have a few satellite receivers. but the one in question here is my DM800 PVR (Clone)

I've had it since 2011 and basically only used it for watching sport, but recently, I purchased a VU Solo 2 SE (from the same guy) and it came 'ready to go' out of the box, 500GB hard drive, Cross EPG, very user friendly skin, very responsive to remote input, very easy to set up recordings etc. It made me think about perhaps updating the DM800.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a newer image than the one I have on it currently have which is detailed below:

• Black Hole
    • Dream Elite
    • Sim 2.01
    • This is the name of the NFI file: sim201-SS82-de-133dv3PHOENIX2-dm800-13052011.nfi
    • The EPG no longer works, won't connect
    • Unable to mount hard drive, initialisation error
    • Couple of other irritating things that I kind of overlooked until I started using the VU Solo 2 SE

I went back to the guy who originally sold me all my receivers, for a recommendation, but he said that as they are clones could possibly be bricked by flashing unsuitable images, he could not recommend an image because he could not stand over his recommendation in case anything went wrong. Which was fair enough.

I was just wondering if anyone could recommend a newer image than my current one, which will definitely not destroy my box.

I'd love a working EPG, Cross EPG, ability to mount a hard drive etc.

I don't know if it will accept OpenPLI or OpenVIX images and I dare not risk it because I'll have to fork out another €250 on the VU Solo 2 SE.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

• Thanks very much for your help. Really appreciate it.

- - - Updated - - -

When updating the bootloader, do I use the .nfi or the .bin file?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!