build wizard help

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 404 times. The last Post () by halikus.

• ive just created a custom build of kodi which is pretty basic,,,,,iv,e been watching a couple of youtube videos about creating a build wizard..so far i have been unable to create the wizard,,,,,i have created a " archive.org " account , to upload the needed files to...the rest i am struggling with...any help would be appreciated.

• I happen to be in the middle of revising my wizard. Unless you have a pretty good understanding of python and the Kodi core commands the best you can hope for is reversing anothers wizard and inputting your url.

That being said, have you heard of the Kodi addon "Backup"? Its in the official repo and does exactly what you want. You can create a backup locally or to the cloud, and then to restore it you simply install the addon on the new machine and input your local or remote path. No reason to reinvent the wheel if what you need already exists by people with a better understanding of the code. Code i wrote 6 months ago is confusing to me now lol.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!