Oscam configuration problems on IPBox 200s + Evolution 2.7 (two logs included!)

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 6,057 times. The last Post () by inimene.

• Hi!

I think I could do with a bit of advice to get the configuration right. I have a Viasat (093E) viewer card which I would like to read with the Linux-based IPBox 200s set-top box. Thus, my primary goal is to let Oscam read the card and dvbapi decrypt it (I do not have any other cams installed).

My actions
    First, I flashed the Evolution 2.7 image which seems to be quite a good option. Then I downloaded Oscam For Evolution Image and installed it. For some reason it does not start Oscam automatically and I had to run the binary in /var/bin. This was a bit weird but it's not the biggest problem now. I carefully followed this and this tutorial to make the configuration files, copied them over to /var/tuxbox/config and manually ran the Oscam binary file located in /var/bin.

Here are the two main configurations which I tried: the first one is my modification of the VIASAT 093E IPK configuration and the second one is basically the OScam Quick Tutorial configuration. Neither of them works though. I also tried these two original configurations without any tweaks (other than caid and ident) and they did not work for me. I suspect that these configurations may not be compatible with the Oscam version that I have (build 2601), or there is a configuration error, or both. :D

Configuration One

Configuration Two

I also tried boxtype = ipbox and boxtype = ipbox-pmt settings.

I would be very grateful for your hints and feedback. Thanks!

• Thanks mate!

As for updating the oscam binary file, can you point to some existing but newer working binaries (build 6059 or newer) to download? Oscam website has a good compiling guide which I could follow in the end if there are no 'shortcuts'.

In fact, I also tried to manually copy the binary file, the script and the uninstall script from your Viasat package thread (it was build 6059 there). I don't know why but this binary gave me en error message like 'closing brackets missing' when I tried to run it. On second thought I could try to compose the required tbz2 file for the manual installation just by constructing the needed file structure and compressing it using the GNU tar archiving utility. Maybe then I could even succeed with your uploaded binary. ;)

• The error not found can be solved by updating your oscam binary, build 2601 will not read the boxkey on its own.

I'm back with an update! I tried two other binaries. My receiver has a Power PC architecture. I grabbed and tried out the stable version 1.1 and the newest build oscam-svn6262-powerpc-tuxbox-old-webif-Distribution and I get no more box key complaints. Well, I guess this was expected...

Here is the latest log:

Here I'm trying to watch only channels which are part of the Viasat package and do open in the original receiver.

You are trying to access two differant caids, 093E & 090F but you only have the configs for 093E, thats why you are getting the errors rejected group and rejected caid.

I read from a local forum that there are two types of Viasat cards in Estonia where I live. The older ones are with CAID = 090F and mine is with 093E. And this made me believe that it's perfectly OK to get coupled lines for both CAIDs in the logs. There are two types of cards and they are both assigned to each channel. What is more, changing the caid and ident values to match the old cards' settings (which does not make sence since I don't have that card) did no good and neither did having two configs. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

What else could I try? I would not like to use CCCam or any other softcam if possible.

Once I get this working I will make my configs and the tbz2 installation package available for everyone interested. :)

• Maybe you should try oscam-stable-1.10-powerpc-tuxbox (without old) and yes i dont know how is it with IPBox but yes you can use only oscam-DVBAPI!
    Again i dont know how its going with IPBox,and if iam wrong sorry!!

• Official Post

There is a problem with your configs, i see the error below.

linuxsatsupport (093E&000000/18EC/88:F742): rejected group (123 ms) (0 of 0) - 093E:18EC unknown (no matching reader )

But in the configs you posted there is no account for linuxsatsupport, is this why you are getting no matching reader ?

Code
    [account]
    user = user
    pwd = pass
    group = 1
    au = VIASAT
    • Official Post

Try this dvapi config;

• No, this is not actually the case. I had different oscam.user configuration files for Configuration One and Two that I posted. In the first version there is an account for linuxsatsupport and my recents testings were based on that configuration. But thanks anyway. I'm going to test out your configuration now and see what happens. I'm so excited!! I'll also try the oscam build without 'old' to see if it works.

• And I'm back with the results. We're not there yet but I'm sure we'll manage.

master G, the config you gave me was very similar or maybe even identical to the one given in the Viasat 093E thread. First, I downloaded the most recent binaries (powerpc-tuxbox and powerpc-tuxbox-old, build 6264). There were no visible differences in how they worked on my hardware. Despite that I have a gut feeling that the 'old' version is more suitable for IPBox 200S but since I don't know what the difference is between these two builds I have no proof. Anyway, they're both running. Then I just copied over the unmodified config of yours and crossed my fingers. Nothing! Then I created a new no-frills version of it by removing the causes of all warnings, enabling logs to console, disabling cccam, getting rid of the unneeded second user account and the remote reader. That's all. Here is this config:

Here is the resulting log file:

What I find thought-provoking though are the entries "[videoguard2-reader] no boxID available -> card system not supported -> Normal mode failed, reverting to Deprecated Mode -> card initializing error". I think these messages occurred in all previous logs as well, I just somehow did not see them. A card reading issue and still not detecting the box id? I'm also wondering if the 'can't open file xxx' errors in the beginning are important. Also, at some point it sets the maximum card frequency to 5 MHz. What if it's wrong?

Here is an interesting extract from the Oscam manual:

For certain Dreamboxes (especially PPC clones) the default mhz parameter leads to slow ECM times and/or "not found" ECMs. By setting mhz to values like 200, 300, 400, ... 1600 you can find a value that works for your receiver and your card. The higher the mhz value, the slower the ECM time (strange enough). If you choose the value too low, your card is not recognized (no ATR or "card not supported"). If you choose the value too high, you get slow ECM times. Our experience is that either no mhz line, or a line mhz = 1000 works best.

Can anyone explain what the ECM times are and is it possible to ruin your viewer card by 'testing out' frequences? I'm a little hesitant to try the mhz = 1000 before knowing for sure.

• Official Post

It seems the version of oscam you are using is unable to process the boxkey, may be worth trying to add it manually.

Use Dreambox Config Creator v0.9.5 by B16MCC to convert the boxkey and add the line boxid= xxxxxxxx to oscam.server. ( xxxxxxxx is converted boxkey with no spaces ).

If you want to try testing a frequency, start with mhz=357 and increase slightly until you are happy with ecm times.

• I can confirm that the trick of adding the boxid line worked for me! Many thanks for everyone, and especially master G, who posted in this thread and thought along with me. :caz:

I also decided to help others who might have the same problem in the future. I made an installation package for Evolution 2.7 based on Oscam_1.10_stable-ppc_tuxbox_old and here are the 'final' configuration settings which work without any problems.

So, how does it work?

1. I assume that you have Evolution 2.7 image and you might also have IPBox 200S receiver. This guide probably works for other similar hardware as well but I have only tested on my IPBox 200S.
    2. Copy the archive Oscam_1.10_stable-ppc_tuxbox_old.tbz2 to /tmp folder in your set-top box. Using the blue panel, install the add-on.
    3. Copy all four config files (oscam.conf, oscam.server, oscam.user, oscam.dvbapi) to /var/tuxbox/config. You may need to specify your boxid= xxxxxxxx in oscam.server. Downloading the Dreambox Config Creator v0.9.5 by B16MCC suggested by master G is not necessarily required because you just have to do a simple decimal to hexadecimal (HEX) number conversion and an advanced calculator will suffice. My Viasat NDS boxkey found under the receiver had 11 digits. I converted first 10 digits to HEX and as the original boxkey stated with 0 I added zero at the beginning of my converted HEX number. So the result was something like 0xxxxxxx for me and it was exactly the same result as Dreambox Config Creator v0.9.5 by B16MCC would produce. I cannot guarantee that this method works for other providers who also use VideoGuard encryption.
    4. In order to make Oscam run on boot, you will have to append the following script to init file located in /var/etc:

Code
    if [ -e /var/script/oscam_cs.sh ]
    then
    sh /var/script/oscam_cs.sh start
    fi

5. Now reboot the receiver and if the viewer card is inserted, you should be able to see Viasat channels.

Final configuration (files also attached):

Good luck!

• master G

Set the Label from Viasat OSCam to Nagra Cards OSCam

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!