Replacement for a Dreambox 7020?

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 781 times. The last Post () by ssmith369.

• Hi all.

I have been away from the Satellite scene for quite some time. I nearly got back into it a year ago, but other things took priority.

I am now looking at purchasing a box to replace my trusty old DB7020. A year ago, I was considering a VU+ Duo2. Is this still the best option? I see that they now have a solo 4K. Are they due to bring out a new Duo anytime soon? I am more than happy to wait as the Duo2 has been out a while now.

I have a 1M Channel master dish, driven by a Vbox2. Does the Duo2 work in conjunction with this, obviously with the right Diseqc channel settings.

What l would like to achieve is have 4 inputs. 2 from my old Sky+ dish which is obviously pointing at 28E and 2 from my motorised dish.

It would be also great if the box coped well with IPTV, but I am guessing they are all more than capable of that these days. And the ability to run softcams (if that is the right terminology) would also be really useful.

A friend of mine last year suggested a Spiderbox and that a new one was due out at any time. Did this ever get released?

I think going with a box with the best support is the most important thing.

Any suggestions, and help will be much appreciated.

Many thanks

SS

• Thank you for the reply radja.

Id the Solo as capable a box as the Duo2? And is it as well supported?

I am not as concerned about 4K, but would like 4 satellite tuners if Poss.

SS

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!