Edision cline setup

There are 24 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 9,422 times. The last Post () by codar.

• Hi everyone hope someone can help me here, I have been using an Openbox (which I found easy to setup) for a while and have just bought an Edision OS Mini linux Enigma 2 sat box. Well I havent a clue where to find where to put in a line, do I have to put some software in or something else because I thought it was going to be easy.

• Official Post

Which image are you using ? You need to install CCcam 2.3.0 then using an FTP tool like dreambox control center or filezilla open the CCcam.cfg file that`s in /etc folder and copy/paste/save your line. If there is no CCcam.cfg in /etc after installing CCcam, use the attached file.

• Thanks for your reply but I will admit that being 67 I will have a go at most things but you've got me totally lost there. By image do you mean Enigma2 firmware. Openvix has been intstalled but I think that is to do with EPG

• Okay thanks for that info, I'll have a look and just battle on.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi thanks for your replies but are there any boxes out there already to accept a line (i manually input the line on my openbox) without having to do as you say in the above posts and with a good 7 day EPG. I realise that companies can't advertise that they do it but any help will do.

• hi is linux box cccam runing propely,you can add sly skin ,picons iptv......ect your old openbox is only protocol cccam. if u need more help np.

wen u know good u linux box u go love it , need to learn fist , i am testing this box and is reliable enigma box

• Hi my openbox is running ccam okay but the Epg is very poor,(it's basically for my daughter) so she needs something where she can see which programmes are coming up . I would like to buy another box for her but something where I don't have to mess about with flashing and so on.

• So do you mean I can do something to update my openbox , where do i get the software (or firmware). would I have to use a usb memory stick for the epg

• Sorry about that but I asked (should'nt have on here) if there were any boxes out there without me having to install images and other stuff (wanted something straight out of the box), I will start a new post on another page. I find it hard to install things like this and it seems by the terminology to be confusing at least it is to me

• You can download CCcam from the image feed, plugins > Green button/download > softcams. I think you should have a look at the manual, it covers most questions you will have..

Hi,

Thanks for this I completed this pressing green button and downloading ccam with the hope that upon going into filezilla I would find the CCam and etc file to enter line in however I could not find it which consequently almost made me tear my hair out spending hours. Help much appreciated

- - - Updated - - -

I also tried downloading ccam 2.3.0 as per this thread download by master g and copying it into my etc file on Edison mini OS but no luck when entering line either that way via FileZilla.

• Official Post

Softcams from the image feed don`t include any configs. Use the attached CCcam.cfg. Copy/paste/save the c line into the CCcam.cfg with notepad+ (not ordinary notepad) then send it to /etc folder on the edision. Press blue button > softcam manager > start and enable CCcam. If you still have a blank screen look at CCcamInfo in your web browser to see if the server is online and what it has available like so ( change 192.168.1.8 to the ip address of the edision) http://192.168.1.8:8888

• Thank you Master G for instant reply much appreciated. I tried to use notepad + with no luck as when I go softcam its not there. Is there a way of entering lines in manually?

• hi kirt, dowload the ccam cfg, master g put for u , with dcc 296 or fizella connect u stb .

ftp,var,ect on left then on the rigth , is u pc go to user,u name , download, find cccamcfg

transfert to the left , then rigth click change attribut to 644 ,then rigth click edit paste u c line close and save

remote control blue boton ,softcam ,restart cccam .

if u need more help , just ask

• Softcams from the image feed don`t include any configs. Use the attached CCcam.cfg. Copy/paste/save the c line into the CCcam.cfg with notepad+ (not ordinary notepad) then send it to /etc folder on the edision. Press blue button > softcam manager > start and enable CCcam. If you still have a blank screen look at CCcamInfo in your web browser to see if the server is online and what it has available like so ( change 192.168.1.8 to the ip address of the edision) http://192.168.1.8:8888

Got there in the end. What it was is when I edited via notepad + as master g kindly pointed out and saving line it saved as a text file. What I had to do was save as a .cfg file. This initially was a pain as when you go to save as there is no .cfg option. I had to go into filezilla find the ccam file edited via notepad + and edit that way so it had ccam.cfg then upload it onto box. Got there but being the last stage nearly went grey haired!

Thanks also jakosat for your assistance! unfortunately dont have winzip to unzip the dreambox centre file as no evaluation option available.

• Hi, I have Edison on delivery route and I am trying to read/learm as much as I can.
    basically you are saying locate cccam.cfg to receiver folder/subfolder:ftp,var,ect? do change the file attr in the receiver to 644? because when I right click on PC there is only RO or hidden?
    I tried to open this file(cccam.cfg) with cccam editor it s blank? no lines?
    what do edit and paste? where do I get this c line?
    cheers

• Official Post

Hi, I have Edison on delivery route and I am trying to read/learm as much as I can.
    basically you are saying locate cccam.cfg to receiver folder/subfolder:ftp,var,ect? do change the file attr in the receiver to 644? because when I right click on PC there is only RO or hidden?
    I tried to open this file(cccam.cfg) with cccam editor it s blank? no lines?
    what do edit and paste? where do I get this c line?
    cheers

The CCcam.cfg can be found in /etc folder on most images. The exception being openatv which is .usr/keys.
    Change the permissions while its on the receiver with your FTP tool. Don`t try to do it on a windows pc/laptop..
    Use the attached CCcam.cfg.
    You need to be card sharing to get a c line. If you go down the pay server route you won`t get any further support from us.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!