Newbie who knows nothing

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,137 times. The last Post () by flexasist.

• Hi Guys

i have been browsing the forum for a little while this evening and am now alot more confused then i was originally.

my duo stopped working and i got a solo2 which my mate gave me a flash for. it does autobouquet updates which is pretty much all i need.

i have now fixed my duo (red light problem) and want to use it in the spare room. i tried to flash the solo2 file on and messed it up so flased the latest firmware from openvix site.

my question now is what do i need to get it working again. i know i need to setup a sat, ccam and autobouquet.

from what i seen i have downloaded a ipk file which should put autobouquet on. am not sure how to set the correct sat or ccam. i read many posts about flashing with a premade up backup but have been unable to find these so some help here would be great. i am able to flash directly from the front and have read up on how to install the plugins also.

another question i have is i saw a plugin called TurkVod. i want to know if this will work on here and how do i install and set that up? what version do i need to download oe16 or oe20 and whats the difference between them?

i really appriciate your help and am hoping to learn more. this is all very new to me

• I'd have a read of the vix manual if I were you, It'll make life easier if your trying to setup from scratch.
    I've attached it below.

from what i seen i have downloaded a ipk file which should put autobouquet on

If it is a vix image (openvix) you can skip installing autobouquets ipk as it comes pre-installed on all the latest images from openvix.
    If the going is a bit too much, you could load a backup image (preconfigured image)
    Vu duo backup images can be found here: (no recent backups of openvix for your duo I'm afraid though)
    http://linuxsat-support.com/forumdisplay.php?f=234
    Have no experience with TurkVod I'm afraid but go with oe2.0 (oe1.6 normally means enigma1 and oe2.0 = enigma2 as far as I'm aware)

iBffBYU.png

Edited once, last by codar ().

• Don't ever flash a backup image from a different model of box onto your Duo.... Your lucky not to have bricked it! A solo2 backup will only work on a solo2, same goes for a duo backup will only work on a Duo...,

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• ok the problem am having is setting up the Tuner on my duo.

i have tried to copy the settings from my working solo which is:

Tuner Settings
    Configuration Mode: Simple
    Mode: Single
    Satalite: 28.2E Eutelsat 28A & Astra 1N/2A/2B/2F
    Send DisEqC: no

problem am having is am not getting any option on Satalite, it just says nothing connected

Sat finder shows i have signal but again next to satalite its blank and if i try to slide it just crashs

any suggestions?

• Check the connections on the rear of the duo..... do you have two feeds running to the duo from your dish?

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Check the connections on the rear of the duo..... do you have two feeds running to the duo from your dish?

have just checked the connections and both cable feeds are plugged in well and tight. i have not removed them since i did the flash and the free channels were coming through ok before i flashed

• Probably wouldn't do any harm before flashing a new image to re-flash the duo bootloader first.... seeing as you flashed a solo2 image to this duo.

You can find it here: Duo Bootloader The file & instructions are in post#1

fI7WHhv.png

• right guys i think there was an issue with my original usb stick as i decicded to flash from another one and it did the full proper process and told me to reboot. previously this did not happen. the other usb is a 64gb usb and that was being read then said something else and quickly rebooted each time. anyway...

so i flashed the image again, for the machine to get stuck on starting after reboot. i did some reading on the program and retried to flash several times with 3 different images. i have also just flashed the new boot loader and still the same. i have checked from things i have read and am very certain this is a genuine box and not a clone.

so here i am stuck again...

• when you say stuck on starting, is the box showing just a red light? or is starting showing on display? if it's the first there's a thread on here re replacing capacitors, if it's the latter
    try flashing the box with an older BH image ie 2.0.4, if your box is a clone the drivers in this image won't harm it, if this revives the box you can then flash with a newer appropriate image

• when you say stuck on starting, is the box showing just a red light? or is starting showing on display? if it's the first there's a thread on here re replacing capacitors, if it's the latter
    try flashing the box with an older BH image ie 2.0.4, if your box is a clone the drivers in this image won't harm it, if this revives the box you can then flash with a newer appropriate image

The box was saying Starting on front displey. i have already fixed the red light issue.

i managed to flash it with openvix-3.2.004 and it booted. i have now set it up and got it working. done all the updates over internet on box also. the only thing that didnt work was the turkvod pluggin which worked on my solo but thats no issue i will try it another time again.

learned so much in last few days and tbh, now i know and have done so much its not to bad. thank you so much for all your help guys. cant wait to now experiment with other plugins and stuff :)

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!