DM800 HD PVR - Problem

There are 18 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,717 times. The last Post () by scoot1690.

• Hi Folks,
    Dreambox wont boot up.
    After upgrading some plugins and removing some others such as google maps (Memory was full). Now when I switch on I simply get a blank blue screen?
    Not sure where to start to look for problem, any suggestions?
    I've currently got DCC opened and connected to box. Not sure what I should be looking for here.

• Hi Benkurd,

I've tried flashing new image, just wondering if I'm doing it right.

I have dreambox connected direct to router, and laptop direct to router.

I've kept my finger on power button on dreambox while reconnecting power cord to rear.

The IP addy is showing along with ***STOP***, so I'm thinking so far so good.

I then use mozila to flash, but not sure how long it takes to flash, does the browser not say when the image is flashed?

Don't know if I'm being silly, but I always flash secondstage-dm800-84.nfi first, (read it somewhere online) before I flash my image, Image I'm trying to flash at the minute is Dream-Elite-3.0-dm800-Ver(009)_20-01-2012-20-24.nfi

Anything further to help me out would be appreciated.

• The browser does tell u when it is flashed, i dont think u have to flash secondstage everytime you flash an image to your box unless instructed to do so..

• flash patched images for sure
    then use IE for flashing much better

Thanks for your patience here guys. What do you mean 'flash patched images for sure', is that not what I'm trying to do with the dream-elite image?

I tried flashing Dream-Elite-3.0-dm800-Ver(009)_20-01-2012-20-24.nfi last night with latest Firefox, clicked on Flash button and left it for over an hour, came back and the same screen was on Firefox browser. I left it like this overnight and it was still the same come morning.
    I've downloaded the latest IE browser, tried flashing using that, but when I http with my dm800 IP, it pulls up a new screen 'dreambox webcontrol'.

Can I just add, my dreambox display shows the following when switched on normal operation

SIM201 team
    #76C
    Look http ://www. dm800sim2 .com
    dhcp...
    /flash/vmlinux.9Z

And in FLash mode it displays as follows:

SIM201 team
    #76C
    Look http ://www. dm800sim2 .com
    ***STOP***

Does anything look out of place here?

• [quote='master G','https://linuxsat-support.com/index.php?thread/&postID=39502#post39502']Patched meaning the image comes pre-loaded with the bootloader so you don't need to add it after flashing a new image.

That's exactly what I'm doing G, but nothing whatsoever happening with the browser once I hit the flash button. I've tried it numerous times, and left it trying to flash for 30 minutes at a time, but nothing, I've tried a couple of different images and still nothing.

• Official Post

[quote='master G','https://linuxsat-support.com/index.php?thread/&postID=39502#post39502']Patched meaning the image comes pre-loaded with the bootloader so you don't need to add it after flashing a new image.

That's exactly what I'm doing G, but nothing whatsoever happening with the browser once I hit the flash button. I've tried it numerous times, and left it trying to flash for 30 minutes at a time, but nothing, I've tried a couple of different images and still nothing.

Which browser are you using mate, try with internet explorer if not already using it.

• Stick with ie mate ( sorry didnt notice it had already been said) do you have any blockers installed or could your firewall be stopping it?
    Try disabling these.

No blockers that I'm aware off, I've disabled my firewall and gave it another bash with both Firefox and IE, same thing happening, or rather, NOT HAPPENING! :-(

• that is so strange mate

flash Second Stage loader sim201 ssl84b with IE
    then try flash new image sim2 ssl84b images not any other images

I cant flash anything with IE buddy, it just goes straight to Dreambox webcontrol with the message 'Request failed for: /web/getcurrlocation

• let me know if you are busy about 11pm m8 i should be able to sort it for you

Cheers Scoot, I'll go chill for a while and come back then. Hoping the wee woman doesn't punch my lights out in the meantime, :misdoubt:, 3 days now I've been trying to suss this :doubt: which means three days she has been stuck with Freeview :doubt:

• good i will need you to do something for me
    download latest version of dream up, make sure you have a spare ethernet cable,and let me know for definate what boot loader you are using i should be able to get your box going i have an image that should sorted i take it the main priority is getting your box to work mate after that if you want to can flash an image of your choice onto it
    this one has sorted out a good few members of the forum

• Hi Scoot, I have dreamup downloaded, but do I not need more than just an ethernet cable?

This is the last bootloader I used when the box worked 'secondstage-dm800-84.nfi'

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!