How to make a backup to restore ?

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,239 times. The last Post () by tony34567.

• OK so ive been playing around with the MARS 11 HD SE
    and i am wondering how it is we can make a full system backup
    ie , DTV settings , Android settings , apps kodi and paths set for example
    is this possible ?

so far i can say im pleasantly surprised Kodi 15.2 works good also TVMC along side
    DTV Player is stable enough with Oscam as reader
    and now im just playing around with Retro Emu on the droid side to see whats working and whats not

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• eye eye again guys ,

so i been trying this backup tool

Code
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2091047

but i cant seem to get it to do a backup , i know im rooted and busybox is installed and updated
    this i know as i got tthe PS3 Duelshock3 synk to BT and works the EMU few tweeks still to do with some stand alone EMU and retroArch
    settings ect ect for 360 pads and BIOS thats works best with Mars, but my plan is to sort this this weekend/ tonight , seen the mods by TVGURU
    for launcher and DTV so am gona have to play with them to but would much pref to be able to take a simple backup of all STB , so i can spend a min time poss resetting back up to as is now , and once im happy with other things restore and then add to the image what i did b4, with last killing i did installing linux lolz :) although that should be very possible with hardware just my limited knowledge :)

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• i get the connect i get the back up hit here it then goes all words in stops i get no
    ok backup on mars screen at all so i think this is where it goes wrong for me

all did from win system , wifi , mars on wifi to .

ive updated my ubuntu system to 14:04 but not had time to try that yet see if it helps
    still to fix my kodi on that , but had to update to see if the compiling tools would help
    for other things ;) as when i tryed it kept failing, but ill get to that after i sort this backup
    as if i kepp jumping about ill no sort nought lolz :)

gota say though im impressed with my mars with a little config its holding up well very well indeed
    on a sidenote tony whats agood usb hub for mars ? what yah using in recommend to exspand on teh USB available
    i know i can bang in a 128gig micro sd but would pref use USB on something im looking into on running kodi from USB not from mars itself
    and use the USB as storage for kodi and just a xml file to redirect to said place , thus alowing me to use the USB to run hopefully all roms
    and retro arch as Kodi addon and be able to have kodi in all my roms on 1 USb drive :) kodi gui seems slower but no issue with streams at all
    doing this but ive still to play with teh xml file to try sped upthe GUI screen changes or addon opening :)

but with only 2 usb & 1 took up with BT adaptor kinda need to be able to run either stick or BT via a hub :)

but doing so will clear approx 100 odd MB from the mars system depending on Kodi size off-course ;) but does help a bit on what droid apps ect ect yah can install

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!