Root Mars Android Set Top Box

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,057 times. The last Post () by xDaemon.

• rooting is for advanced users only. Do it at your own risk.

Ok so been playing with a Mars11 SE HD android stb for a few days now
    to Gain Root Access for the guide given in the RAR attached

Not my work but acquired all the same ;)

ONCE you have rooted via the MarsRoot.rar follow the GUIDE "2stepsto tell if your device rooted"

2 steps to tell if your device rooted

First, head to Google Play and download a terminal client app, if you don’t have one already on your phone. I recommend getting “Terminal Emulator for Android” which is for free. Launch the app and you should get the well-known terminal interface with a text entry prompt.
    Now, check the character right before your entry prompt.
    If there’s a pound sign (#) then you’re rooted
    Is there a dollar sign? If so, type in su and hit enter. Should the dollar sign change into a pound sign (#), then you’re rooted! During that process, you might see a popup asking you to give the terminal app superuser permissions, which you should grant.

linuxsat-support.com/cms/attachment/51613/

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

Edited 2 times, last by Honcho: added USE AT OWN RISK WARNING ().

• this link went a long time ago pal. ive still got a mars box which sat in the cupboard as soon as I got the kit pro dvb-s2 but best thing to do with it is launch it through the window or you'll pull your hair out lol..

• well i just found it few days ago and still working, but some apps wont install from playstore. And i want to play a little bit with it, then i may use your advice :)

i found update on this forum, but i`m not sure if is rooted or not.

P.S. and i saw that those boxes are still for sale for around £70.00 .. ...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!