how to use 220x132 and 100x60 sized picons in separate directory

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 1,538 times. The last Post () by pauldb.

• Hi

In terms of the different sizes 220x132 and 100x60. Is it possible to utilise both for the EPG and Channel Info Bar in either a single or separate directory?

My only concern is that the larger resolution will be downscaled for the EPG which would compromise the quality and require more demand on the CPU. I've always kept the Picons on the HDD and symlinked them to the /usr/share/enigma2/picon directory on the flash.

I've got the same SH4 Amiko Alien 2 box as Pauldb. It's a bargain for the multi-hybrid tuners, although hardware wise it's quite under powered. Without a HDD or at least without the need for a swap file, it's fairly rapid. I got myself one of these SH4 receivers a month ago and I really struggle to keep it responsive.

Good work on the Picons guys! SNP vs. SRP is a difficult choice I feel. I tend to use SRP because that's what I'm used to and they have better support IMO. That said Paul's argument is quite valid, they're not deemed sustainable for long term use without updates.

Thanks!

• iv always had picons in flash, never had a problem with the alien2 that way as a lot of images look on the hd anyway, hdd and picons is not a good idea,iv also never symlinked them either if i did try on the hdd,hard drive is too slow to access the picons all the time

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!