tuner problems with ultimo

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,540 times. The last Post () by sasho.

• Hi there

I bought Vu ultimo to improve reception of low level transponders In my area but to my surprise box does have very big problems on high Ku band
    almost all V pol transponders above 12.100V on Astra 1H are tune failed
    for comparison with same cable my old dreambox db5620 get better reception - for example DSF 12.480V with db5620 Is 24/7 stable but with ultimo I get It with pixelisation for a few hrs
    for H pol transponders It Is better but It Is not what I was looking
    has anyone of you got such a problem with ultimo or uno
    I got no doubt that box Is having problems with tuning In high Ku band and
    how can I get tuner and mainboard revision without open box

• high Ku band
    almost all V pol transponders above 12.100V on Astra 1H are tune failed
    for comparison with same cable my old dreambox db5620 get better reception - for example DSF 12.480V

I have tried the freq you suggest and i have no problem with either of my Ultimo's?

• thx for reply

I have tried original, VIX and now open aaf image - all the same

I am sure that the problem Is low tuner sensitivity of both dvb S2 tuners In high Ku band whatever scan auto or manual
    In low Ku band It Is OK but not so good what I was expecting

can you please tell - Is It possible to get more info about tuner rev version and etc without open box

• I have the same problem on my Ultimo on some of the V pol transponders lots of break up in the signal bit disapointing those channels were working perfect on my technomates i'm using b.hole as my image, anyway to improve this ?

• looks that I am not a single with that problem
    It Is good to know how can I found out what revision Is dvb S2 tuner or maybe mainboard
    I have read that with same cable Vu Uno tuner shows much lesser SNR than Vu Duo
    It Is good to see If there other members compared tuner capabilities of Vu Duo, Vu Uno and Vu Ultimo
    I have wrote to Vu plus about that problem but still got no reply

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!