Dreamplex : how to configure streaming quality

• Hi everybody,

I am using Dreamplex as a plex client on 2 different Gigablue receivers :
    1 - Gigablue Quad HD
    2 - Gigablue IP Box (not a sat box, it receives a video signal streamed from the Quad HD as mother box)

Both boxes have DLNA and media stream play capacity. Dreamplex is installed on both.
    The Quad HD can play just fine 1080p video stream from DLNA servers. I can therefore use Dreamplex in "local play" mode on this box.
    The IP Box is however limited in this area and can only play 720p video stream smoothly from DLNA servers. 1080p plays but stutters / hangs a lot. I am therefore using Dreamplex in "streaming play" mode on this box.

However I can't figure out how to setup the streaming quality in Dreamplex.
    Most Plex client usually allows you to configure a stream quality i.e. 20 Mbits 1080p stream, 10 Mbits 1080p stream, 4 Mbits 720p stream etc...
    I would ideally need to configure a "720p stream quality" that the small Gigablue IP Box can handle easily.
    And I am pretty sure this has to be setup on client side and not on Plex server side.

This is my first post here, so thanks for any support you can provide me with.
    This Dreamplex plugin is brilliant. Setting up my Plex server and files took me ages. I would love to benefit from the time invested now :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!