After skin installation VU+ is in a loop with green screen

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 939 times. The last Post () by serdeliuk.

• Hi All,

I installed a new skin and after that my VU+ is always rebooting with a green error screen. I tried to delete the skin folder manually per ftp but there was no folder

Know I installed manually per telnet 2 different skin ipk and the box is still at same status - rebooting with green screen

I am not sure my post is in the right thread, if not then sorry for that

Pls support, kids will kill me because of this receiver outage :(

thx

• Official Post

Try removing the ipk in telnet with opkg remove enigma2-plugin-skin-name.ipk.

For example azerth skin from here is named enigma2-plugin-skin-infinity-hd-mod-azerth_openpli4_all.ipk
    Remove with:

Code
    opkg remove enigma2-plugin-skin-infinity-hd-mod-azerth_openpli4_all.ipk

Then restart enigma2:

Code
    init 4

Code
    init 3
  • Hi,

Also, you can to connect through ssh/ftp to your vuplus and when the green screen appear issues the "init 2" command through ssh/ftp to keep the green screen on the screen, read what is doing and install what is missing, probably your skin had a dependency which was not automatically resolved.
    Also, you will see the exact error and where it was logged, you can post the important entry from that log file here.

Marc

DM800HD PVR; VU+ Solo4K
    init 2 && init 3

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!