Xp1000

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,365 times. The last Post () by codar.

• Hi

Is there anyway i can reflash the box via telnet? Ive tried all the bootloader and vix 4 image on various sticks, IT does all it should do but still powers back on sitting at the openvix screen, I HAVE FOUND THAT I CAN TELNET IN VIA dreambox tools , but cant ftp in , i need to wipe the system and start again i think , just no idea how i do it

• Official Post

Hi

Is there anyway i can reflash the box via telnet? Ive tried all the bootloader and vix 4 image on various sticks, IT does all it should do but still powers back on sitting at the openvix screen, I HAVE FOUND THAT I CAN TELNET IN VIA dreambox tools , but cant ftp in , i need to wipe the system and start again i think , just no idea how i do it

Dude you have been told numerous time to reflash your box with a usb stick. Use a genuine data traveller 4gb usb stick.
    You do not own a dreambox....

If that dose not work, use google to find out how to get a console log via the rs232 port and putty.

Then we can help further.

• HI mate

Sorry , i was told that if i use the openvix s/w i can use the dreambox tools . I have logged in via ftp to the xp1000 and my vu+ duo beofre using that software. ANyway i arent that clued up on this but I am aware of how to flash with the bootloader (ch-) and then the image (CH+), I am using a 4g stick and i have flashed the bootloader , it resets comes back with the openvix screen, i then removed usb ,turned the xp1000 off , put the image of vix on it, put it back in xp100 turned on and then pressed CH+ , does its thing then reboots and comes back with the openvix screen . I have no idea what to do part from throw it out the window lol , its doing my head in.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!