How much flash memory do you need on Vu+Duo?

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 517 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• I helped a friend to install a backup image to his Vu+Duo. It's now slow in handling and it only has 8mb left in flash. Backup image was 70mb and then I installed Kodidirect and some other plugins. Is 8 mb to little? Do I need to remove some plugins?

VuDuo2 - OpenBlackhole, VuSolo2, DM500HDv2, OpenelecBox, DM600, ---------------------------------------------
    0.8/4.8/7.0/13.0/16.0/19.2/23.5/28.2

• Is there a HDD installed in the Duo??? if so set up a swap file.... or use the pluginmover addon.

I know about these options...just that i don't like the idea of HDD spinning all the time. Please anyone answer my question about free memory in flash...how much do you need for the Vu+Duo to run find?

VuDuo2 - OpenBlackhole, VuSolo2, DM500HDv2, OpenelecBox, DM600, ---------------------------------------------
    0.8/4.8/7.0/13.0/16.0/19.2/23.5/28.2

• Why would your HDD be spinning all the time??? it would only spin when you access a plugin that has been moved to there...... or you could use a mounted usb stick to setup a swap file, no spinning then.

Unless you remove plugins that you don't need then your not going to be able to free up any space.... the duo is a really old spec now and as new images are becoming bigger in size initially then there is only so much you can do.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!