Rooted but no SU promts ?

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 877 times. The last Post () by TH3-J0K3R.

• Ok so after failing to install linux :)
    and having to bring back mars to life epic fun :)

i have rerooted but i cant seem to get any app to run as superuser , no requests are been made
    by SU and when i open it up ii cant fina anywhere to add a app , is there away for force the request
    via terminal or ssh in suck likes ? as you will know some apps will need SU to work right

- - - Updated - - -

sorted updated su from play in root was kept and SU now able to grant access

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• found this mini guide on androidforums.
    When you root the phone you need to make sure you install busybox. After words verify your if you have root set-up correctly with root check basic by jrummy on Google play. If everything looks OK download terminal emulator from Google play. Once installed type "su". You should go from $su to #su on the next line. This means you have root access. If any additional info appears like "permission denied" or a long set of errors then the root is not set up properly. The solution is your system is not mounted as writable. There are a number of ways to mount the system as writable. The spimplest way is to download "es file explorer v1.5 (cupcake edition). This is an older version is es file explorer. Once installed go to setting scroll down to root section put a check in root devices and check mount system as writable. Reboot and problem fixed. Now this all depends if you followed the original root instructions properly.

• terminal gave it was rooted ok , never installed busybox though , so ill look into this to as could be reason
    why the sixaxis wont connect with the app for adding it via BT , you know of a working busybox to install ?

- - - Updated - - -

update 1.16.1 was installd updateing to 1.24.1 via aptoide

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• Below Answer found on xda forum maybe helpfull.
    "Busybox allows you or programs to perform actions on your phone using Linux (copied from Unix) commands. Android is basically a specialized Linux OS with a Java compatible (Dalvik) machine for running programs. The Android kernel is a modified version of the Linux kernel (that is why the Android kernel must always be open source). Busybox gives functionality to your phone that it does not have without it. Many programs, especially root programs such as Titanium Backup, require busybox to perform the functions of the program. Without busybox installed your phone is much more limited in what it can do".

• agreed im opening up more todroid if im honest i have always patched droid bar to take myself off grid
    via mobile , but not having a mobile for 3 plus years have slowed down my knowlage gathering,
    been iliterate dont help but we need tolook into the builds from kodi splinter cells to keep alive as there gons pull plug i=on it

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!