CSP advice on what i need ?

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,212 times. The last Post () by Dreamzzz.

• i am currently using eagle box as card server (oscam) connected to debian pc (cccam 213) and i use N line to conect
    i like the idea of csp ! honestly i dont really understand but thats why i'm interested and asking for advice :confuse:
    do i need another pc to run csp ? is it best in debian or ubuntu ? can it be added to the existing Debian 6 server

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Hi m8;
    u dont need any other pc ...just install it on your Pc server.

• thanks for the advice ! i like your idea GlenviewJF thats cool idea as it saves your personal web connection from being used right ?
    i'm gonna have a go at that Thanks shatanar

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• rikjaard-real,

if i follow your question right, the answer is it will only reduce (not stop completely) your personal web connection from being used if you host CSP on a VPS, and even then you still need to have your local card fed into the CSP so it still uses your home internet connection - hope this helps :)

• to be completely honest if your internet is good enough to feed your local card to csp on a vps then your internet is good enough to host the csp server at home !
    so the question is why pay for a vps if you can host it at home ;)

• thanks for the advice ! i like your idea GlenviewJF thats cool idea as it saves your personal web connection from being used right ?
    i'm gonna have a go at that Thanks shatanar

Unless you have a large share and need more bandwidth then your personal PC should be fine.

A VPS is nice if you don't want your client boxes to be able to easily see they are connecting to your home IP - so it offers some protection that way.

• A VPS is nice if you don't want your client boxes to be able to easily see they are connecting to your home IP - so it offers some protection that way.

Protection lol you only need Protection if you have something to hide !!!
    Installing servers on a vps is for peeps that Have something to hide

just my opinion :sheep:

• Protection lol you only need Protection if you have something to hide !!!
    Installing servers on a vps is for peeps that Have something to hide

just my opinion :sheep:

I agree - you should be able to trust all of your client connections - if not why give them a User ID and Password - but I can see why some people would want to hide their home's IP address.
    Nothing wrong with being a little bit paranoid :-)
    Here in North America one of the providers is offering $25,000 if you turn in the physical location of a card server to them and they are able to use your information and shut them down and prosecute them. So if you have an opportunity to hide the IP address of your card server - then why not do it?

Other Not Listed Softcam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for Other Not Listed Softcams - CSP, DreamOS, GBox, NEWCamd, MultiCS, OSCam Smod, OSCam Ymod, SUpcam & Wicardd.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!