lnbs advice sat dish

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,062 times. The last Post () by musogeek.

• hi wondering if anyone can give me some advice, i have a 88cm dish, and i have changed the bracket had it re strengthen, anyway i have put it back up
    and struggling on signal strength on sly i get some channels and some dont work, and other sat are weak signal
    i think its the lnb , and the surroundings ie trees etc i was after changing the dish to a bigger one what size would i be best off with for vissat sirus 4e, to get a stronger signal would a 1 metre dish be okay or 1.1,
    i am after a mesh dish the techomate ones seem to be good price anyone any advice on these.

i read tenn thread on lnb setup saying move the lnb to
    clock size 12:15 do you mean the bottom of the lnb should be pointed at 12 15 ish

any help advice on this would be great thanks

• get as big a dish as your budget allows ! i'm not sure of your location but you need big dish for viasat in most of the uk ! when you first set up the dish have the lnb slightly off set ! 3-5degree twist to the left looking at the dish ! then just fine tune from there ! stay away from the triax dishes as i have noticed they have a focal point issue with most lnbs and i have noticed this myself althouh some one else told me to use only inverto black lnbs with the triax to sort it out but i haven't tried it yet ! again though when it comes to dish size imo you never regret having one to Big :sweet_kiss:

:rikjaard1:

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• many thanks for the reply yes i have a twin black inverto lnb, i am in the northwest, i was going to go for a 1m dish or should i go for a 1.1 meter
    like i say i want vissat sirus etc and hoping it will inprove me signal strength on the weak sat 16e ta

• Beware of planning regulations... If you go above 1 metre, and any of your neighbours don't like it, then you could find yourself with a letter asking you to take it down. Also some dishes quote a size that is not along the biggest dimension, so a 1 metre dish might actually be more than that, and still be in breach of planning regs. If you live in the middle of nowhere then you would probably be ok, but if you live on an estate of terraced houses like I do, then it is good to be aware of this.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• On a Triax TD88 and Inverto Black Ultra, not too far from you, I am pulling it in at about 50 ish percent and getting good clear viewing on most channels on the nordic beam at the moment, saying that, conditions are good! - The European beam is getting my bar to 90%!

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!