oscam server config

There are 16 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 8,326 times. The last Post () by satastr.

• Hi this is what i have been using to add peers to my server for me to watch for some reason all i get it an error message where am i going wrong thanks

[reader]
    label = *****
    enable = 1
    protocol = cccam
    device = ********,12000
    user = *****
    password = *****
    inactivitytimeout = 1
    reconnecttimeout = 30
    fix9993 = 0
    group = 1
    lb_weight = 100
    cccversion = 2.2.1
    cccmaxhops = 10
    cccmindown = 0
    ccckeepalive = 1

• Looks like a cline converted to work on oscam server for reshares, as G said, as we don't know what error your getting then it's hard to give advice.

So lets assume it's a sly card and cccam

• Thanks for the reply guys Im trying to add shares given to me via server config i wanted to confirm correct way to input them so i can watch and reshare to my other peers thanks

Looks like a cline converted to work on oscam server for reshares, as G said, as we don't know what error your getting then it's hard to give advice.

So lets assume it's a sly card and cccam

• Hi guys
    I just wanted to confirm one issue to make sure that I understand the whole thing correctly. The issue is “groups” – do I assign group numbers sequentially or depending on protocol. For example all newcamd readers I assign with 2 e.g., all Cccam with 3 e.g., my own reader (protocol mouse) with 1 e.g. Is it correct reasoning? If not, can multiply readers have the same group or every single reader needs to have its own group number?
    Thanks in advance for clarification.

• osam.user

So add users to whatever groups you want them in.

• Groups are one of the most handy things in OSCam because it gives you complete control. If you assign a different group for each card or each proxy, then when creating a user account, you can decide what card or proxy you want to share with the peer. If you are sharing everything with everyone then you don't need to use them, but I found in the end that it is best to define many groups.

Very important - If you are using OSCam in your own receiver to view channels as well as a server, you are probably using DVBAPI - If you want to view all the cards and proxy cards, then you need to add all the groups, so if you have 2 cards, and 3 proxies, numbered 1 to 5, then in your user entry for dvbapi you need

Code
    group = 1,2,3,4,5

You will only use cards or proxies that have their group defined, so it is quite important!

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• This is the format ive been using to view and reshare from incoming peers the reason i queried it was because a couple of new peers did not connect even with this format,iam guessing it was problem at there end and not mine as this has worked for a long time

[reader]
    label = anything
    enable = 1
    protocol = cccam
    device = dydns address,port
    user = username
    password = password
    inactivitytimeout = 1
    reconnecttimeout = 30
    fix9993 = 0
    group = 1
    lb_weight = 100
    cccversion = 2.2.1
    cccmaxhops = 10
    cccmindown = 0
    ccckeepalive = 1

• that looks fine although i never needed to use the fix9993 = 0 bit and cccmindown = 0 isn't needed it will default to 0 anyway. If you have a lot of peers then you could change cccmaxhops = 10 to something like 3 because anything further down than 3 hops starts getting a bit messy.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Thanks for the confirmation i only have ten peers but ive taken your advice and changed the maxhop to 3 and removed the other two lines appreciate the advice.

that looks fine although i never needed to use the fix9993 = 0 bit and cccmindown = 0 isn't needed it will default to 0 anyway. If you have a lot of peers then you could change cccmaxhops = 10 to something like 3 because anything further down than 3 hops starts getting a bit messy.

• Groups are one of the most handy things in OSCam because it gives you complete control. If you assign a different group for each card or each proxy, then when creating a user account, you can decide what card or proxy you want to share with the peer. If you are sharing everything with everyone then you don't need to use them, but I found in the end that it is best to define many groups.

Very important - If you are using OSCam in your own receiver to view channels as well as a server, you are probably using DVBAPI - If you want to view all the cards and proxy cards, then you need to add all the groups, so if you have 2 cards, and 3 proxies, numbered 1 to 5, then in your user entry for dvbapi you need

Code
    group = 1,2,3,4,5

You will only use cards or proxies that have their group defined, so it is quite important!

And this is what I call comprehensive tutorial :) Thank you very much, this entirely answers my questions.

• I had a friend who allows me to view and reshare from incoming peers to my family members.

oscam.server

[reader]
    label = testing
    protocol = cccam
    device = ip.address, 12000
    user = xxxxx
    password = xxxxxx
    reconnecttimeout = 0
    caid = xxxx
    ident = xxxx:000000
    group = 1
    emmcache = 1,1,2
    cccmaxhops = 3

user:

[account]
    user = self
    pwd = 1234
    caid = xxxx
    group = 1,2
    ident = xxxx:000000
    cccmaxhops = 1

Please guide on my settings as I will need to add cccmaxhops = 1 then only my peers can connect.

thanks

The BEST FORUM for ALL SAT matters. Any reason that you should not be here???:85:

• what oscam you using ?

im guessing a mod

as fix9993 = 0
    seems to be a mod thing

Thanks.

I am using OSCAM 1.20-unstable_svn build #8066

The BEST FORUM for ALL SAT matters. Any reason that you should not be here???:85:

• Ask your friend nicely to give you a N-line to be put into your oscam.server protocol as newcamd if you intend to share out his line to your peers.
    Sorry if I misunderstood. :too_sad:

• Ask your friend nicely to give you a N-line to be put into your oscam.server protocol as newcamd if you intend to share out his line to your peers.
    Sorry if I misunderstood. :too_sad:

Thanks.

Will look into it.

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!