how to restrict users from using line on 2-3 boxes and resharing line?

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,318 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Hi would appreciate any help on how to restrict or allow users to use a line on 2 boxes and to not reshare the line I am using oscam and my users are in oscam.user thanks in advance

• No, it will allow the user to share your line to someone else (if he puts it in a server)
    Put it to 0 and he will only be able to share it within his network (from my understanding)
    Anticascading may be what your looking for.

iBffBYU.png

Edited 2 times, last by codar ().

• No, it will allow the user to share your line to someone else (if he puts it in a server)
    Put it to 0 and he will only be able to share it within his network (from my understanding)

hi thanks for your reply codar how do i check anticascading is already enabled and also if by default numusers = -1 does that mean its already doing its job ? sorry for the stupid questions total newbie to this

• In oscam webif, click on "config" tab then underneth that, click on anticascading, there should be a tick beside enabled.
    If your unsure or need an explanation on any of the entries in the webif, just click on the text and it will open the oscam wiki relating to that entry, Eg: click on " enabled" and it will bring you

[h=4]enabled[/h] parameter is required
    enabled anti-cascading:
    enabled = 1 # enabled
    = 0 # disabled (default)

• In oscam webif, click on "config" tab then underneth that, click on anticascading, there should be a tick beside enabled.
    If your unsure or need an explanation on any of the entries in the webif, just click on the text and it will open the oscam wiki relating to that entry, Eg: click on " enabled" and it will bring you

hi thanks again for your reply aticascading it was not enabled i ticked the box and in numusers it was 0 i changed that to 1 it should be enabled now ?

also im gettingthis in log files:

2016/04/24 01:28:47 780008C0 h Refresh Anticascading requested by WebIF from 192.168.1.22
    2016/04/24 01:28:47 780008C0 h ERROR: anti cascading is enabled but ac_logfile is not set.

• May need to restart oscam for it to take effect.
    Also you can tailor "numusers" further in someone's user account

thanks codar also when i restart oscam it does not come back after the count down it takes atleast 5min to show oscam again after restart is this normal?

• :thumb:

Stop/start oscam with putty:
    killall -9 oscam
    /usr/local/bin/oscam -b

thanks master g will do from now on :thumb:

- - - Updated - - -

No, it will allow the user to share your line to someone else (if he puts it in a server)

so what does anticascading do? i no that it restricts ecms but from that what else does it do also do i still have to configure anything to allow my user to use the nline on only 1 box thanks in advance :thumb:

• Official Post

Anticascading monitors ecm requests, if it detects someone using more than what you have allowed it will send fake controlword.

If you have a peer who is doing re-sharing/faking do the following:

Create a file oscam.ac and put in these lines or add in the OSCam web-interface:

Code
    0963:000000 = 10 # interval 10 seconds for provider 0963

In your oscam.conf add following lines:

Code
    [anticasc]
     enabled = 1
     numusers = 1 # 1 user is allowed. If OSCam detects more then 1 request within 10 Seconds from the same user cascading is detected.
     sampletime = 2
     samples = 10
     penalty = 0
     aclogfile = /tmp/oscam_ac.log # important, because you will be able to see what OSCam is doing.
     denysamples = 10 
     fakedelay = 4000

In oscam.user, for each guilty user add:

Code
    penalty = 1

• thank you for that master g will come in handy :thumb: also how do i restrict a user from using the line onto a secand or third box on the same ip?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!