OK Second box now gone down , This time a solo - Green light no signal! VIX 2.3 3.1.1

There are 22 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,372 times. The last Post () by deerhunter290378.

• I am starting to wonder about the new bootloader and/or VIX 2.3 images!

I now have a vu solo with green light on but no sinal and no remote response!

As per my previous post in this section a Duo has gone the same way with a permanent red light!

Both had the latest bootloader flashed , VIX 2.3 3.1.1 installed and VIX cccam 2.13 from TSpanel done, other than crossepg update the images have not been touched....

Searching on google is bringing more and more posts with other people having the same issues.........

I have 2.3 on another Duo and have had 3 random crashes in 3 days , the boxes have been bomb proof on VIX 2.2 for over 5-6mths!......................

• guys have you updated the new solo CFE

if you dont update that and flash with a linux 3.1.1 image

like VIX you will BRICK yr box and no return from it

the CFE is extremly important to flash first before image

• hi . i have same problem with solo i upgraded with new cfe . then updated with kernal 3.1.1 . every time i put the box on standby after about 20 minutes it dose not respond to remote any more i had to switch it off at the mains to restart it again . i did this 3 time just to cover all area but same fault appear every time . so now i ahve 1.6.6 running no problem at all . i am running 1.6.6 on flash and on multiboot as well . i tried factory reset switching off auto crush log sending off . i tried hdmi cec off still no joy i have not used vix image i alwayes use bh or vti. i tried vti image on flash it seems to work . but i need multiboot so i have to have bh in the flash . i tried multiboot on vti but not very good . i have duo running fine with 3.1.1 no problem at all

• This needs to be looked at seriously as I have started to see problems as well with my Duo since upgrading to the 3.1.1 and vix 2.3 190-204 ? its such a shame as i have always used VIX and have never had anything this bad or even heard of anything this bad happenning in the past !! would this be soley down to 3.1.1 ??? or is it something to do with the clones becoming available and some kind of implimentation of a killer bug to stop the clones gone wrong maybe ??:baffle::baffle:

Maybe we could all list our motherboard revision as well in these posts to try to weed out what problems we have with diffrent revisions and manufacturer build dates ??

My duo is one of the early batches :

Brand: Vuplus
    Model: duo
    Chipset: 7335
    i think i have motherboard revision 2.2

• Im personally now back on vix 2.2.110 on my duo no problems what so ever why not downgrade back to that pacman362

• I dont touch upgrade or do anything now mi boxes run spot on ..... not worth the hassel

RESPECT OTHER PEER, PUT ALWAYS A FTA CHANNEL WHEN YOU DON'T WATCH TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1438883374.png

• I dont touch upgrade or do anything now mi boxes run spot on ..... not worth the hassel

I have thought about doing this but I would much prefere to try to suss what exactly is going on and try to help to get to the bottom of it so as to help others in the same situation ! That said my duo is not as bad as others i have heard of so it doesn't stop it from working good enough for me the moment But a good freind of mines duo is constantly having to be re-flashed because of this and he has the NEWER revision M,board in his ? thats why i have asked if people having problems could maybe also list the M'board revision so we can start to get a bigger picture of the badly effected boxes.

@ AndyRay : as above m8, also i think its down to the 3.1.1 upgrade and not directly about the vix image.

• I'm seriously thinking about goin back to 2.2.100, the first vix 2.3 ran on the old kernel but that is unstable too on my Duo , never had any issues on 2.2.100, HD Glass worked , everything solid! , all was spot on! , Looks like solo needs re-flash , duo looks terminal at moment!!!

Also with the new bootloader does it affect old images???

Finally my main duo crashed again last night at 4am when it was due to go into auto standby , hard reset required! , not looking promising for this new image , if it does the same tomorrow im going back to basics!!!!

• I'm seriously thinking about goin back to 2.2.100, the first vix 2.3 ran on the old kernel but that is unstable too on my Duo , never had any issues on 2.2.100, HD Glass worked , everything solid! , all was spot on! , Looks like solo needs re-flash , duo looks terminal at moment!!!

Also with the new bootloader does it affect old images???

Finally my main duo crashed again last night at 4am when it was due to go into auto standby , hard reset required! , not looking promising for this new image , if it does the same tomorrow im going back to basics!!!!

Funny that my duo also had crashed this morning @ 4am as well ???

• Any chance you can list you box model and motherboard revision Alom ??

you may just be right but not linux 3 but the kernal and after build 204 was released to public the kernal has been extensivly tweeked which is now being tested bus us beta team

as soon as we are happy we will release to public

:)

one point can i add to this

the coder doesnt venture out too much to other forums so if you can post all reports to vix forum then they can be looked at and please please enable debug logs and email all logs to us

this can be all done via receiver so no need to download logs and email them

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!