Nbox 5800sx or something else......

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,025 times. The last Post () by Y2G.

• Hi

I need a cheap Enigma 2 based receiver with a built in hard drive which is capable of running a 5ky like epg/menu. I know the 5800sx can do that but is there anything better around £100 then this box?

Also are any boxes capable of recording from an app like the 5ky+ one?

The reason I ask is the other half is really familiar with that layout and I want to make the switch over as easy as possible

• Official Post

The best receiver for that budget is Edision OS MINI 2x DVB-S/S2 Linux Enigma 2 Twin Tuner Digital Satellite Receiver HD 1080p PVR..

You are not going to get a built in hdd and twin tuner for that price.. You can add an external usb hdd to this..

There is no app like that, you will need to use autotimer plugin to record a particular program..

• I would second that...I had the nbox 5800sx they work ok but slow so don't expect too much

or you could look at the..............Technomate TM-Nano-SE PLUS, the most compact Linux Enigma 2 receiver that has internal SATA HDD support

but you will have to pay a bit more

re.......the look of the box I have openvix image installed on mine with Slyk 1 HD skin and it has a series link feature

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!