solo4k no plugins work on openvix ?

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,560 times. The last Post () by ian1095.

• Using my Solo4k as server this part of it works great but plugins are still a big let down
    I upgrade to openvix-4.1 and done some online upgrades but most plugins don't seem to work anymore
    cannot importname sha1 seems to come most of the time.
    or solo4k crashes , anybody any ideas ?
    or should i go back to using Black hole ?

• Cannot import sha1 is caused by lib-dynload

Recently ViX have updated many of their libs so my guess would be youve used some type of backup after flashing the clean image and this backup has imported an older lib-dynload than the one ViX are currently using.

You will need to reflash with a clean image to fix this issue and not use any backup settings,or at the very least ensure that lib-dynload is not part of these backup settings.

Ian.

• as far as i'm aware i have done a complete clean image flash but a i would be new to open-vix images and not used any backup .
    I tried doing a new flash but the update message is not coming up , but will try again .

I keep getting warning after installing plugins like
    "extensions/xmltvimport(cannotimportname sha1)"
    "extensions/Mediainfo(cannotimportname sha1)"
    attached some crashlogs that make no sense to me

Left usb-stick in the back when trying to reflash took out now and reflashed image

• I would suggest that you dont install the Youtube plugin after your next clean install as its this thats causing you many errors.

A dependency of this plugin maybe importing things into twisted web that are not compatible with ViX

Do you get the cannot import name sha1 error before or after installing the Youtube plugin ?

Ian.

Edited 2 times, last by ian1095 ().

• Not sure when it started i would think that whatever extension/addons/plugins availble in the pluginpanel would work on the solo4k or am wrong in thinking this?
    Anyway started a fresh setup so fingers crossed and see how sehe goes this time.
    I'll leave youtube plugin away for now

• No you are wrong to assume this.

Plugins for the most part are written and created by third parties and may not keep up with image developments. What used to work on an older image may not still work once an image has been updated. Its up to plugin writers to catch up,but they often dont,at least not for sometime anyway.

Ian.

VU+ SOLO 4K PVR ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver UHD 2160p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!