2nd reciever replacement

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,584 times. The last Post () by al2813.

• I bought last year a Vu+ Solo SE for our up stairs TV. No issues on the box except that i struggle a lot when streaming from the box to my Mac (to VLC via iDream) or to my ipad (I use blackbox pro). I investigated this issue for a long time and there's clearly a limitation with the box, so decided to replace it.

I thought of getting a Solo2, although the box is a bit expensive. The Xtrend ET8000 looks as an option although it seems that xtrend stopped selling the box. I am also concerned te Xtrend has no transcoding which my be limiting for streaming.

Any feedback/advice is appreciated :-)

• No don't need a double tuner. i stream only when the tv is not on. it enables me basically to watch TV in bed. i would like to spend 200 EUR ideally, but if no alternative than I'll spend the 250 eur for the Solo2

• I've just installed today a Solo se v2 with twin tuner as a second box for astra1 and hotbird I already have a solo2 for sky uk. Both boxes stream perfectly over th network to my Macbook Air using IdreamX.
    Both these boxes have a transcoding function and stream HD channels smoothly. The only downside with the soloSE2 is that any hard drive must be external or networked, and there is no light on the front to tell you it's on. You'll be happy with either, but for a few extra euros i'd go for the solo2.

• I am from Belgium so prefer to buy around here in €. I have a Solo SE V1. I've been investigating this problem for a long time. It clearly has no transcoding. On another post I saw an entire discussion that basically stated that both the Zero and the SE were "zappers" so could not support recording and streaming properly. I did implement an extension called pau that was supposed to solve this but with little effect. At the moment and on the same network, my Duo2 streams perfectly to my Mac IdreamX and to my blackbox app on my ipad. The Sole SE does not stream to IdreamX, streams to blackbox app but with a lot of freezes.

Don't know if the SE V2 is different, but I am more inclined to indeed don't take a chance and get a Solo2 instead. I am a bit miffed with the Solo 2 since the box is already 3 years old and is kind of stingy on some specs, but do not see a better alternative in the market....

• hi witch image you have , you can intal transcoding from plugins .

- - - Updated - - -

or from setting enable transcoding if is disable

- - - Updated - - -

black hole image 3.02 is the last bh

- - - Updated - - -

in the last bh u have differents plugins to stream over internet

• Hi, thanks will check this! I am using Open ATV 5.2 right now. Works great on all other aspects. i use the same exact image on my Duo2 which streams perfectly.

• Official Post

I doubt it's a hardware issue on your box as even my crapy zgemma streams without issue and that dosnt have transcoding. The newer Openatv 5.3 has improved streaming capabilities if that's your preferred Image.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!