signal strength fluctuating after snow storm LNB problem

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,976 times. The last Post () by fatlad.

• During a snow storm last night my vu went off, checking the signal strength its ranging from zero to 26% and keeps fluctuating. This morning checked the dish and the lnb as ice on it hope this is the problem.

Before getting my ladders out will I be ok to pour hot water on the lnb, or can I tap it to see if I can break the ice off.

Cheers

• i would take lnb off m8 and take it indoors to defrost as i doubt pouring on hot water on it will do the lnb any good, after it has defrosted get your dish at 28e and see what sig strength your getting, if nothing try another sat 13 or 19 if still nothing, you could try manually moving your dish just incase for some reason your coords are out, if none of that works and still no signal i would be looking at a new lnb m8 as i have has 2 new lnb's in the past 12 months and i have a vu.

Any information provided on this site is not guaranteed in any way. Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• i doubt pouring on hot water on it will do the lnb any good

ice on the lnb will definately cause signal to degrade ! let it (thor) out and then try it ! Is the dish clear of snow as that will stop the signal too !

Go careful with ladders if there is ice on the ground mate !

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• There is no snow just ice on the dish, used my s** hd box to check the signal and quality strength but there nothing. Looks like its ladder time for yours truely.

Thanks for your help lads.

• Just another thought if you got a hairdryer and and an extension why not give that a try ;)

Any information provided on this site is not guaranteed in any way. Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• avoid hot water for sure ! Get ya mrs hairdryer on it ! thats the best use i have ever heard fof a hair dryer pmsl,Nice one Mutz
    On a serious note try not to move anything too much Fatlad ! mainly skew ! so as mutz says try the hair dryer ! pics of you doing that would be brilliant !

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

Just another thought if you got a hairdryer and and an extension why not give that a try ;)

The neighbours will piss themselfs and might send for the looney bus..lol

• All i can think of is ending up in the local A/E, my son lives next door to me and he's got the same problem couple of fta but no *** channels and he's got signal strength on his s** hd box.

Don't worry about any pictures my wife already got the camera out and a comment of i'm not missing this for the world.

• The lnb being cold will actually improve signal, signal going down is usually a layer of snow/ice on the head of the lnb or dish.

In the good old days we used to cut a pop bottle up to keep rain/snow off the head of the lnb.

:shamon:

• All sorted cleaned as much as i could by hand, it back on late last night.

Cheers everyone for the advise.

Mods can you close the thread please.

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!