BT Home Hub 5 Advice Needed

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 718 times. The last Post () by Prophet.

• Official Post

Hey all, quite a specific help request, not sure if it can be done at all anyway, but no harm in asking I guess

Ok, obviously we have a BT HH5 which the whole family uses for Laptops, Tablets, Phones, Consoles, STB etc..... Just like most other households

One of my older children uses a certain type of console which uses a browser exploit to enable playing back up games and homebrew software

What I was wanting to know was this... Can I block specifically Internet Access for that one console whilst still allowing that console to use the internal network (the exploit is hosted on a laptop using xampp with Apache enabled)

So a shorter version of the question... Can I block internet access via the hub but still allow network activity internally ??

If so, how can I do this ?

Thanks in advance

• You can block the site via your Hosts file which will still allow you to use the internet via the console if thats what your after m8 :D

If you want info on how to do this give me a shout :)

Vu Solo 4K Running OpenBlackhole 5.1

MultiSat

Panasonic 55" 4k OLED Model TX-55902B

• Official Post

You can block the site via your Hosts file which will still allow you to use the internet via the console if thats what your after m8 :D

If you want info on how to do this give me a shout :)

thanks for the reply... not quite what i am after tbh

I am wanting to block all external internet activity on that one specific console BUT still allow the console to connect to other machines internally that are connected to the router

Hope this makes sense

• Official Post

thanks [MENTION=68236]codar[/MENTION]

I think this is what I need to activate, I am just hoping it will still allow the console to access other devices in the house, I would have to assume it would as that article states incoming/outgoing internet traffic

I will have to give it a try, but I am not doing it tonight, they can wait

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!