IMG0001.exe and info.zip

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,426 times. The last Post () by carwash.

• For some time I have had small issues with may setup ie: image freezing during the night while unattended /mgcamd suddenly restarting and most annoying was the spinner appearing occasionally
    At first I thought it could be something to do with network or even EPG when auto updating, so after tweaking around and although it got better things were not right.
    The other day I decided to delete some files from my HDD and that’s when I saw two files I didn’t recognise (IMG0001.exe and info.zip) I proceeded to delete those files and restarted box.
    Went back to my HDD and they were there again, so I decided to go through all files in My box and found that all files in the etc folder had those same files
    I have deleted from all files and so far it has not appeared

Since I deleted these two files the zapping seems faster and more stable

My question is? Has anyone had this and what are these files?

BTW: Solo 4K with OBH .04 Image

Regards

Edited once, last by carwash ().

• usually when i see a image file with a exe extension i think virus as a lot of people on windows dont tick the show extensions for known files, but how about changing the exe to jpg just to see if it is an image?

- - - Updated - - -

had a look around the net and it crops up 2015 on a solo, turns out its virus coming from the host computer maybe you have a virus on your pc or hidden on a usb stick

• usually when i see a image file with a exe extension i think virus as a lot of people on windows dont tick the show extensions for known files, but how about changing the exe to jpg just to see if it is an image?

- - - Updated - - -

had a look around the net and it crops up 2015 on a solo, turns out its virus coming from the host computer maybe you have a virus on your pc or hidden on a usb stick

I do a virus scan on my laptop every day and never flagged up, I have just removed the usb from the box and funny enough as soon as I removed the usb stick while box on it went blank like no image, had to restart box
    Will monitor to see if files appear without usb.

Regards

Usb out but file still appears, I then delete but within 3 to 4 minutes it reappears in HDD

Edited once, last by carwash: update ().

• what the other people was saying is use adwcleaner and malwarebytes to remove it

but they was saying it came down the ports as they was open because of transcoding?,just do a search on the 2 words with vu+ and you will see the site its on

• Think it's sorted!

1) removed usb but problem still there
    2) Went in to my router and disabled all open ports
    3) as suggested by "pauldb" here in this forum I scanned my Pc using HitmanPro were it found the file (Adwcleaner din't do the job)
    4) Restarted Network including Pc and Solo 4K

60 minutes later still looks good!

-------------------------------------------------------Just to update-------------------------------------------------------

Over night and all OK!

Edited once, last by carwash ().

VU+ SOLO 4K PVR ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver UHD 2160p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!