UK HD Sports Advice - for relative novice...

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,069 times. The last Post () by tamblin.

• Hi there,

I'm new to the idea of CCCAM and have recently setup a working CCCAM on my linux box using Enigma 2/VIX... I noticed a couple of days ago that BT Sport HD, just like UK Sky Sports HD will no longer decrypt. Reading on this forum someone is suggesting that BT Sport now link their encryption to the hardware - like Sky HD channels in 2014/15...

I've got 2 questions on this.

Firstly, is this correct, has BT Sport HD changed the encryption in recent days?

Secondly, what's the general consensus on the best way to get a reliable HD stream for UK sports? Apart from spending the £60+/month for a full satellite subscription, what is the best option? Is it a motorised dish - to try to get European satellites (if so which are best and which is the best CCCAM service to purchase)? Or is some sort of online streaming/Kodi box better - if so which would you recommend? or (the golden goose) is there a way to decrypt UK Sky HD channels (and now BT Sport HD)?

Any thoughts and responses would be much appreciated.

Thanks

T

• Yep BT in the last week has stepped up the encryption to the next level on all it's HD channels.... which means that they are no longer shareable or that you cannot use your card in a reciever to clear them other than the sky reciver the card is paired to. There is a thread here about it: Thread: bt hd gone

Now you have to ask yourself why this happened... and if you look at what your second question contains you will see part of the problem... "which is the best CCCAM service to purchase" this is in no doubt as to why card security has been stepped up, people who use pay servers have all played a part in why the HD channels will no longer clear, please don't even consider this option!

Motorised setup does open up a lot more options for you regards sports, but finding english commentary to go with it can be a problem. For the premier league coverage premierleaguepass was a pretty good streaming service and was in HD (you also had to use a geo unblocker to access the website) but unfortunately it will not be an option for the 2016 / 2017 season as they have not been given the rights to broadcast it this time...

The "golden goose" as you call it... at this moment in time if it is possible nobody has disclosed yet how to do it, and to be honest if they have found a way i don't blame them for not revealing how it's done. The same thing would happen all over again, the payservers would get extra greedy selling cheap subs to anyone offering cash and then the encyption would be changed again.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• cheers for that.... what motorised setup would you recommend? is there an option for 2016/17 which will offer EPL HD even if I have to listen to it in French? Please... not German or Italian? :)

CCcam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for CCcam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!