Configuring Virgin Media

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,670 times. The last Post () by tornadoneil.

• Hello all.

I am hoping one of you lovely people might be able to help a newbie when it comes to linux boxes. I will give you the low down of my situation. I will be moving into a new house next week where they HAD a legit VM sub for TV. I have purchased a VU+ SOLO SE V2 with a twin tuner DVB-C/T/T2. I am looking to set up VM using a cline/nline/magcamd (all of these are options with the provider I am going with). I'm hoping somebody could let me know the basic steps of setting this thing up. My box has been pre-flashed with OpenVIX as I want to use kiddac's VSkin-HD skin. I will have Virgin broadband in the property and wanted to check that I'm right in saying the cable that comes in through the wall will need to be split so that I have a feed into the broadband and the VU+ SOLO SE V2?

I've had a look through the forums and what I understand so far is I will need to install either Autobouquets or AutoBouquetsMaker which will scan the cable channels but my concern is finding the correct netid? There will no longer be a legit VM sub/VM box for me to go into the engineers menu to find this out. Is this going to make this a no-go straight away?

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

• Rabeetio

As above, did you have any luck in setting up your box as i will be shortly looking to do the same with a Vu+ Duo.

Any help will be appreciated :)

VU+ SOLO SE PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!