help needed pls, wetek play

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,158 times. The last Post () by 1999gtv.

• Hi ive just bought the wetek play box, ive tried putting various images on sd card but the box wont boot from sd card.
    I'm very new to the wetek play, All i get when i press the update underneath the box then plug in the power lead i get android man lying down underneath him it says no command.

Edited once, last by stu78 ().

• Are you trying to install to internal storage or run an image from sdcard as they are totally different methods and images. A link to one you particularly like would be a help and also a description of exactly what you have tried so far, for example what size sdcard are you using and how have you formatted it, what method have you used to copy image to card and so on.

• thanks for your reply,
    i have tried two ways via sdcard 4gb sandisk also sandisk ultra 64 gb, and also copied image to sdcard via win32diskimager, i formatted the 4gb card fat32, i have tried openatv, pbnigma no success

• thanks for your reply,
    i have tried two ways via sdcard 4gb sandisk also sandisk ultra 64 gb, and also copied image to sdcard via win32diskimager, i formatted the 4gb card fat32, i have tried openatv, pbnigma no success

If you are trying to run from sd card the way you describe is correct format card to fat 32 and burn image file to sdcard using win32diskimager no need to press reset button, just insert card and boot . If you are trying to install internally to nand, card is again formatted fat 32 but when you extract the zip file for nand install on your pc you should see 4 files which you copy to sdcard either copy and paste or drag and drop. Once 4 files have been copied to sd insert card in Wetek press reset button connect power and keep button pressed till android man appears then release and wait for process to finish. If you are running android 1,17 on your wetek the dual boot does not always work and will not recognise an sdcard and only boots to android which I suspect has happened to you. Best way to fix is to visit wetek forum and download android 1.17 extract zip file to your pc and then copy 4 files to sdcard and boot with reset button pressed which will clean install android and hopefully fix the non booting to sdcard problem.

• thanks for your reply, i finally have the openatv image on the wetek play, my problem now is i cant connect filezilla to install oscam, thanks for any help in advance

• In filezilla put ip of your wetek username=root leave password blank. Which atv image did you install Stu78 was it nand or sdcard and what date is image? Most atv images have oscam in feeds already some don't depending on date of image.

Edited once, last by 1999gtv ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!